MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.dll?

Mike

MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.dll?
On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried running
windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am running
Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
romanom

RE: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.dll?
Always forget something:

"Mike" wrote:

> On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
> component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried running
> windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am running
> Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
> errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

RE: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
Windows Defender won't start due to the error. I am scared to uninstall
windows defender because it won't let me install it because I run Vista. Do
you think that will be a problem?

"romanom" wrote:

> Always forget something:

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> > On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
> > component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried running
> > windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am running
> > Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
> > errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

RE: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
I can't even figure out how to uninstall windows defender. I tried using the
control panel, but it was not an option. I tried opening windows defender,
but it says:

MsMpRes.dll not found

Any suggestions?

"romanom" wrote:

> Always forget something:

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> > On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
> > component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried running
> > windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am running
> > Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
> > errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dean-dean

Re: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
Run the System File Checker. To do this, right click on Command
Prompt (Start Menu\Programs\Accessories), and choose
Run as Administrator. Copy the following, and Paste it after the prompt:

sfc /scannow

Press Enter. It will scan all your system files. It may take a few
minutes. If things are okay, you are given the text message "Windows
Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". If things
aren't okay, it will attempt to replace the bad system files.

news1DEDE9B-AAEA-4AD9-AFCD-2D9D1122829E@microsoft.com...
>I can't even figure out how to uninstall windows defender. I tried using
>the
> control panel, but it was not an option. I tried opening windows
> defender,
> but it says:
>
> MsMpRes.dll not found
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> "romanom" wrote:
>
>> Always forget something:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918355
>>
>> "Mike" wrote:
>>
>> > On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
>> > component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried
>> > running
>> > windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am
>> > running
>> > Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
>> > errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

romanom

RE: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
If dean-dean's suggestion doesn't work try downloading and reinstalling

Download link

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

"Mike" wrote:

> I can't even figure out how to uninstall windows defender. I tried using the
> control panel, but it was not an option. I tried opening windows defender,
> but it says:
>
> MsMpRes.dll not found
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> "romanom" wrote:
>
> > Always forget something:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918355
> >
> > "Mike" wrote:
> >
> > > On startup, I get an error stating "MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate
> > > component" In the error box, it says "MsMpRes.dll" I have tried running
> > > windows update, but that also fails due to error "80080005" I am running
> > > Windows Vista Home Premium on a brand new Dell Dimension C521. Are the
> > > errors connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Re: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
Tried it - didn't work

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Run the System File Checker. To do this, right click on Command
> Prompt (Start Menu\Programs\Accessories), and choose
> Run as Administrator. Copy the following, and Paste it after the prompt:
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> Press Enter. It will scan all your system files. It may take a few
> minutes. If things are okay, you are given the text message "Windows
> Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". If things
> aren't okay, it will attempt to replace the bad system files.
>
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news1DEDE9B-AAEA-4AD9-AFCD-2D9D1122829E@microsoft.com...
> >I can't even figure out how to uninstall windows defender. I tried using
> >the
> > control panel, but it was not an option. I tried opening windows
> > defender,
> > but it says:
> >
> > MsMpRes.dll not found
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > "romanom" wrote:
> >
> >> Always forget something:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918355

Mike

RE: MSASCui.exe - Unable to locate component - reinstall MsMpRes.d
It won't let me install. The program downloads, and then the installation
wizard stops and says that I don't need to install the program because
defender comes with Vista. There is no option to continue the installation,
it just stops and closes. Is there any way I can just replace the missing
file? I think it is MsMpRes.dll.