Diagnosing Slow Saves

Jeff

Diagnosing Slow Saves
I don't know how else to phrase this. I hope someone can help. Often when I
go to save a file, say an email attachment but sometimes a new document in
Word -- whatever -- I'll get the little spinning icon and wait for a good 30
seconds, sometimes up to a minute, before the save window displays the
folders in my Documents folder.

What I would like to know is, does anyone know of a way using Performance
Monitor, or some other tool, to find out what the heck is going on for those
30 seconds? CPU, memory, network, and disk show nothing unusual. Any
suggestions?

clarkedesign is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slow Document and Files Windows in Vista
I too am getting slow responses from document and files windows.

If I try to view 'Documents', the main window displays, the list of files and folders displays instantly.

Then I wait...

Favourite Links and Folders can take up to 15 seconds further to display.
And I can't do anything until they display - the window effectively hangs.

I've closed the folder view down (blue arrow) and removed all of my favourites, with no change in response times.

This doesn't matter what folder I view; my conpute, document, pictures, music or any other arbitrary folder. They all take 15 seconds to display.

Has anyone else has this kind of problem.

And as jeff has asked, does anyone have any diagnostic tools that can show at that point in time what my PC is doing that is taking so long.

Thanks
Sean
Mark

Re: Diagnosing Slow Saves