Ink On Laptop Screen

LakesideMom

Ink On Laptop Screen
My friend's 3 year old scribbled on my IBM thinkpad screen with a ballpoint
pen. I tried water on a washcoth and it only removed/lightened it some. Can
i use any sort of solvenT? HELP!
David

Re: Ink On Laptop Screen
LakesideMom wrote:
> My friend's 3 year old scribbled on my IBM thinkpad screen with a ballpoint
> pen. I tried water on a washcoth and it only removed/lightened it some. Can
> i use any sort of solvenT? HELP!

You aren't supposed to use solvents. No alcohol or ammonia based
products. The only thing that touches my laptop screens is Kleer
Screen, a polymer based product I picked up after researching the
subject. A number of people do use alcohol based cleaners, but that
goes directly against the manufacturer's instructions, as there is a
coating on the screens that will be damaged. Yellowing of the screen
can occur from cleaning with the wrong product. Good luck! I don't
know if Kleer Screen will touch ink.

Dave
LakesideMom

Re: Ink On Laptop Screen

"David" wrote:

> LakesideMom wrote:
> > My friend's 3 year old scribbled on my IBM thinkpad screen with a ballpoint
> > pen. I tried water on a washcoth and it only removed/lightened it some. Can
> > i use any sort of solvenT? HELP!
> >

> You aren't supposed to use solvents. No alcohol or ammonia based
> products. The only thing that touches my laptop screens is Kleer
> Screen, a polymer based product I picked up after researching the
> subject. A number of people do use alcohol based cleaners, but that
> goes directly against the manufacturer's instructions, as there is a
> coating on the screens that will be damaged. Yellowing of the screen
> can occur from cleaning with the wrong product. Good luck! I don't
> know if Kleer Screen will touch ink.
>
> Dave
> Thanks Dave i will try it!

Zookeeper

Re: Ink On Laptop Screen
There are ink removers in many of the junk mags that come in the mail, they
sell all sorts of stuff. Try online,too, keyword "ink remover solvents or
cleaners" or something. After all, the screen is ruined anyway. There is even
stuff to clean permanent markers off things. On real fresh ink I've put damp
baking soda or bread rubbed on it, to absorb a bit of the dye, then ink
remover.
--
mediacenter newbie