Keyboard difficulties

Michelle

Keyboard difficulties
Recently I just got the new Vista for my laptop. Upon doing all the updates,
a few of my keys somehow switched, so now instead of an apostrophe, question
mark, and slash among most likely some other keys, I am getting other keys
such as- Èè, éÉ, and I do not know how to change it.
Does anybody know (question mark)
Rick Rogers

Re: Keyboard difficulties
Hi Michelle,

Sounds like the keyboard input language has been changed. Go to the Control
Panel/Regional and Language Options/Keyboards tab, click the button to
change the input language and check the settings here.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I just got the new Vista for my laptop. Upon doing all the
> updates,
> a few of my keys somehow switched, so now instead of an apostrophe,
> question
> mark, and slash among most likely some other keys, I am getting other keys
> such as- Èè, éÉ, and I do not know how to change it.
> Does anybody know (question mark)

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Keyboard difficulties

:-)

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I just got the new Vista for my laptop. Upon doing all the
> updates,
> a few of my keys somehow switched, so now instead of an apostrophe,
> question
> mark, and slash among most likely some other keys, I am getting other keys
> such as- Èè, éÉ, and I do not know how to change it.
> Does anybody know (question mark)

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Lord Takyon

Re: Keyboard difficulties
> Hi Michelle,
>
> Sounds like the keyboard input language has been changed. Go to the
> Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Keyboards tab, click the
> button to change the input language and check the settings here.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Recently I just got the new Vista for my laptop. Upon doing all the
>> updates,
>> a few of my keys somehow switched, so now instead of an apostrophe,
>> question
>> mark, and slash among most likely some other keys, I am getting other
>> keys
>> such as- Èè, éÉ, and I do not know how to change it.
>> Does anybody know (question mark)

Mine seems to jump back to US layout every now and then. Very annoying as a
couple of keys get switched about. Follow the advice given above and you
should be fine.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Shauna

RE: Keyboard difficulties
I am having this exact problem. Usually I am writing in Word 2007 and then
it either auto saves or I save it (it never seems to be consistent) and then
suddenly I can't use my ? or ""... I get Èè, éÉ as well. I tried the below
advice and it did not work. This is a brand new computer with a new operating
system and Office 2007. Its not much use to me if I can't use proper
punctuation.