Dot on Destop

LadyPope

Dot on Destop
I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on my
monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?
Richard Urban

Re: Dot on Destop
It seems that you have a "stuck pixel" in your LCD monitor. Short of
replacing the monitor there is not much you can do.

You can, of course, try to have the monitor replaced under warranty.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"LadyPope" <LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on my
> monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?

Rick Rogers

Re: Dot on Destop
Degausse?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> It seems that you have a "stuck pixel" in your LCD monitor. Short of
> replacing the monitor there is not much you can do.
>
> You can, of course, try to have the monitor replaced under warranty.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "LadyPope" <LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on
>>my
>> monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Dot on Destop
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:02:04 -0700, LadyPope
<LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on my
> monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?

If it's there all the time, even while booting, it is clearly not a
Windows issue, but a hardware issue with the monitor.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Dot on Destop
Can you degauss an LCD monitor?

> Degausse?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>> It seems that you have a "stuck pixel" in your LCD monitor. Short of
>> replacing the monitor there is not much you can do.
>>
>> You can, of course, try to have the monitor replaced under warranty.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "LadyPope" <LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on
>>>my
>>> monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Rick Rogers

Re: Dot on Destop
Hi Mike,

Didn't think so, but OP only stated it was a monitor on a desktop system.
Richard added the LCD part.

--

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Can you degauss an LCD monitor?

>> Degausse?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> It seems that you have a "stuck pixel" in your LCD monitor. Short of
>>> replacing the monitor there is not much you can do.
>>>
>>> You can, of course, try to have the monitor replaced under warranty.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>
>>> "LadyPope" <LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Tom Lake

Re: Dot on Destop

"LadyPope" <LadyPope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a green dot on my Desktop that will not go away. It even shows on my
> monitor during the booting sequences. How can I get rid of it?

There's an program that will supposedly get rid of stuck pixels.
I haven't tried it myself but it's worth a shot:

http://www.imagingassociates.com.au/...exerciser.jspx

Tom Lake

Richard Urban

Re: Dot on Destop
Right, because that is not the type of defect that would/could occur with a
CRT monitor. A CRT may get large colored splotches that take up a large
amount of real estate. If so, degaussing would help. But a defect as stated
by the o/p is indicative of an LCD monitor.

--

> Hi Mike,
>
> Didn't think so, but OP only stated it was a monitor on a desktop system.
> Richard added the LCD part.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Can you degauss an LCD monitor?
>>

>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Degausse?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Dot on Destop
Is the green dot on the inside or outside?