Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged

Michael

Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged
Hi,

I have sometimes the feeling, that Vista is forgetting settings. Sometimes
after rebooting the system all icons are rearranged. What can be the cause?

Thanks
Michael
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged
Right-click on the Desktop and select:
View > Align to Grid

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Michael" wrote:

Hi,

I have sometimes the feeling, that Vista is forgetting settings. Sometimes
after rebooting the system all icons are rearranged. What can be the cause?

Thanks
Michael
Michael

Re: Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged
Hi Carey,

the problem is that I arranged the icons in a certain order ... e.g. all
Game Icons I move to the lower right corner ... system tools to the lower
left ... and in the middle some links to documents I am currently working
with.

After rebooting, the icons are sometimes automatically rearranged (beginning
in the upper left corner) ... that is what I want to prevent.

Thanks for any assistance

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on the Desktop and select:
> View > Align to Grid
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Michael" wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have sometimes the feeling, that Vista is forgetting settings. Sometimes
> after rebooting the system all icons are rearranged. What can be the cause?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

Lenny Pousson

Re: Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem.
--
Lenny Pousson

"Michael" wrote:

> Hi Carey,
>
> the problem is that I arranged the icons in a certain order ... e.g. all
> Game Icons I move to the lower right corner ... system tools to the lower
> left ... and in the middle some links to documents I am currently working
> with.
>
> After rebooting, the icons are sometimes automatically rearranged (beginning
> in the upper left corner) ... that is what I want to prevent.
>
> Thanks for any assistance
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Right-click on the Desktop and select:
> > View > Align to Grid
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have sometimes the feeling, that Vista is forgetting settings. Sometimes
> > after rebooting the system all icons are rearranged. What can be the cause?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Michael

brink

Michael;421991 Wrote:
> Hi Carey,
>
> the problem is that I arranged the icons in a certain order ... e.g.
> all
> Game Icons I move to the lower right corner ... system tools to the
> lower
> left ... and in the middle some links to documents I am currently
> working
> with.
>
> After rebooting, the icons are sometimes automatically rearranged
> (beginning
> in the upper left corner) ... that is what I want to prevent.
>
> Thanks for any assistance
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Right-click on the Desktop and select:
> > View > Align to Grid
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have sometimes the feeling, that Vista is forgetting settings.

> Sometimes
> > after rebooting the system all icons are rearranged. What can be the

> cause?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Michael

Hi Michael,

When you right click on the desktop and click "View", make sure that
"Auto Arrange" and "Align to Grid" are unchecked. This should leave the
desktop icons where you last left them.

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Michael

Re: Sometimes after Reboot als Desktop Icons are re-arranged
Hi,

the problem was only solved after deinstalling Vista and installing XP again
:-) ... the autoarrange etc. was unchecked. I think, I will wait until SP1
vor Vista is available. ... so far i am incredibly happy with being on XP
again.