Complete PC Backup and Restore Seems to be "Stuck On Stupid"

Conley

Complete PC Backup and Restore Seems to be "Stuck On Stupid"
For some time, as I have run new Complete PC Backups, the wizard has
indicated that the oldest backup on the 250 gig USB drive dates from June 2
and that the newest dates from whenever I last ran the program. I recently
encountered some problems that twice led me to run a restore operation from
the Vista Ultimate DVD. In both instances, only one image - the latest
created - was indicated to be available.

The other stuff visible on the USB drive has not been created by Complete PC
Backup and Restore, and it has never taken up more than about 80 gig of
space. The Complete PC Backup images that get displayed in Explorer always
come in at around 25 gig. As of the time of those restore operations, it had
been a long time since I had run Disk Cleanup on the USB drive.

Under the circumstances, I had expected to be given a selection of image
dates when I ran those restorations, but, as noted above, only one image at a
time was made available. (The speed of the program was in no way
disappointing. Each time, the whole operation took less than thirty minutes.
My only other experience with restoring a hard drive involved Vista Home
Premium and the Acronis program. That took more than ten hours.)

Today, having eliminated some of the problems that led me to run those
restorations, I made a new Complete PC Backup image. (The wizard again
indicated that there was a backup available from June 2.) I then ran Disk
Cleanup on the both the internal drive and the USB drive and selected the
option on the second tab to delete all shadow copies and/or old Complete PC
Backup images. As I have understood the program, that is the only thing
(other than loading the backup drive with extraneous material) that should
have reduced the number of available restoration dates to one.

I then ran the Complete PC Backup wizard again, as if I were going to make a
new backup, and it still indicated that there was an "oldest" backup dating
back to June 2. Can anyone explain what is going on with the program, and
what I need to do to get it to reset itself and stop referring to that
long-lost June 2 backup image?