VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM

Anthony C

VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
"windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
1. Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box,
and then press ENTER:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataScore

2. Delete all the .xml files in the folder.

3. Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search box,
and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.

4.If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the
Windows Experience Index:

Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
type the password or click Continue.

Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.

5. Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a
Windows Experience Index base score of.

6. Click Update my score.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Anthony C" wrote:

Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
"windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Cal Bear '66

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
should be: DataStore

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> 1. Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box,
> and then press ENTER:
>
> %SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataScore
>
> 2. Delete all the .xml files in the folder.
>
> 3. Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search
> box,
> and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.
>
> 4.If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the
> Windows Experience Index:
>
> Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.
>
> If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
> type the password or click Continue.
>
> Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.
>
> 5. Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a
> Windows Experience Index base score of.
>
> 6. Click Update my score.
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Anthony C" wrote:
>
> Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
> the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
> "windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
> user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony C

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
I cant even find the folder because it wont let me. This is what comes up
"Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataScore'. Make sure you
typed the name correctly, and then try again." This is very annoying because
all i want to do is rate my system. I think the rest of the last post will
work fine, but first i have to find the folder in which all of the xml files
are contained. Thanks again guys.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box,
> and then press ENTER:
>
> %SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataScore
>
> 2. Delete all the .xml files in the folder.
>
> 3. Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search box,
> and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.
>
> 4.If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the
> Windows Experience Index:
>
> Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.
>
> If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
> type the password or click Continue.
>
> Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.
>
> 5. Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a
> Windows Experience Index base score of.
>
> 6. Click Update my score.
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Anthony C" wrote:
>
> Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
> the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
> "windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
> user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

Cal Bear '66

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
It should be DataStore, not DataScore

C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataStore

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Anthony C" <AnthonyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant even find the folder because it wont let me. This is what comes up
> "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataScore'. Make sure you
> typed the name correctly, and then try again." This is very annoying because
> all i want to do is rate my system. I think the rest of the last post will
> work fine, but first i have to find the folder in which all of the xml files
> are contained. Thanks again guys.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1. Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box,
>> and then press ENTER:
>>
>> %SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataScore
>>
>> 2. Delete all the .xml files in the folder.
>>
>> 3. Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search
>> box,
>> and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.
>>
>> 4.If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the
>> Windows Experience Index:
>>
>> Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.
>>
>> If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
>> type the password or click Continue.
>>
>> Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.
>>
>> 5. Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a
>> Windows Experience Index base score of.
>>
>> 6. Click Update my score.
>>

>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "Anthony C" wrote:
>>
>> Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
>> the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
>> "windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
>> user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
>> would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony C

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM
Ok it gives me the same answer even though I changed the Score to Store. This
is what is give me. "Windows cannot find
'C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataStore'. Make sure you

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> It should be DataStore, not DataScore
>
> C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataStore
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Anthony C" <AnthonyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cant even find the folder because it wont let me. This is what comes up
> > "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\Performance\WinSat\DataScore'. Make sure you
> > typed the name correctly, and then try again." This is very annoying because
> > all i want to do is rate my system. I think the rest of the last post will
> > work fine, but first i have to find the folder in which all of the xml files
> > are contained. Thanks again guys.
> >
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> 1. Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box,
> >> and then press ENTER:
> >>
> >> %SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataScore
> >>
> >> 2. Delete all the .xml files in the folder.
> >>
> >> 3. Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search
> >> box,
> >> and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.
> >>
> >> 4.If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the
> >> Windows Experience Index:
> >>
> >> Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.
> >>
> >> If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
> >> type the password or click Continue.
> >>
> >> Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.
> >>
> >> 5. Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a
> >> Windows Experience Index base score of.
> >>
> >> 6. Click Update my score.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User

> >> "Anthony C" wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok I have no clue why this is doing this but i go to run the rating system in
> >> the performance section of the control panel and i get this error message
> >> "windows was unable to calculate the windows expierience index because the
> >> user cancelled the assessment" And no i didnt cancell the thing. Any help
> >> would be greatly appreciated.

rive0108

Re: VISTA WONT RATE MY SYSTEM

UHHHMMMMM-
Really sounds like you got some O/S corruption. I would repair,
reinstall, or restore.

--
rive0108
Malangovino