Black screen and jumping cursor problem...

Kaer

Black screen and jumping cursor problem...
Hi

I am having a couple of problems. I have recently purchased a samsung
laptop with Vista home premium preloaded.

The mouse cursor keeps jumping to the corner of the screen. The mouse i am
using is USB - i have tried a couple and the problem is occurring with both.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this!

Also i am getting a flash of black screen every 15mins - any thoughts...

Any help would be much appreciated as its becoming very frustrating!

Thanks
Jay

RE: Black screen and jumping cursor problem...
Hi Kaer,

Was any driver disc provided along with your laptop? If not, you may like to
check for the latest drivers for your graphic card/onboard graphics from the
manufacturer's site. You can check the model or manufacturer by going to
Device Manager from Control Panel.

As for the mouse, you can check for any latest firmware/drivers as well.
Optical mice, if used on shiny, reflective or smooth surfaces, may tend to
move by itself. A good mousepad will solve the problem.

"Kaer" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having a couple of problems. I have recently purchased a samsung
> laptop with Vista home premium preloaded.
>
> The mouse cursor keeps jumping to the corner of the screen. The mouse i am
> using is USB - i have tried a couple and the problem is occurring with both.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this!
>
> Also i am getting a flash of black screen every 15mins - any thoughts...
>
> Any help would be much appreciated as its becoming very frustrating!
>
> Thanks

Kaer

RE: Black screen and jumping cursor problem...
Hi Jay

The black screen seems to happen when i have a game running - the installed
chess and solitaire ... maybe its a hint to stop playing and do some work!
Looked at the setting but not found anything obvious.

Thanks, mouse seems ok now tried it on a different surface (yes, it is
optical)- though strange as i have used the same mouse with the same mouse
pad on another laptop and it worked fine!

Thanks for your suggestion. :-)

"Jay" wrote:

> Hi Kaer,
>
> Was any driver disc provided along with your laptop? If not, you may like to
> check for the latest drivers for your graphic card/onboard graphics from the
> manufacturer's site. You can check the model or manufacturer by going to
> Device Manager from Control Panel.
>
> As for the mouse, you can check for any latest firmware/drivers as well.
> Optical mice, if used on shiny, reflective or smooth surfaces, may tend to
> move by itself. A good mousepad will solve the problem.

My News Servers

Re: Black screen and jumping cursor problem...
I think you should disable the built-in pad control unit while you are using
your mouse, I know this helps me and its don with a Fn and function
key-combo on my Toshiba laptop...you must have something similar on yours.
Hope this helps