Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Unable to "apply" changes to date and time

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2007
seasideshe
 

Posts: n/a
Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date and
time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change the
date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab is
not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when I
turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut down
and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this problem?
thanks in advance for your help.

seasideshe
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2007
Mary
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
You should contact your computer maker. Is the Control Panel, Clock,
Language, Region setting correct? You must be an Administrator or select Run
as Administrator to change the time.

"seasideshe" wrote:

> I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date and
> time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change the
> date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab is
> not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
> sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when I
> turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut down
> and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this problem?
> thanks in advance for your help.
>
> seasideshe

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
type set to Automatic?

"seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
>I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date
>and
> time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change
> the
> date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab
> is
> not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
> sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when I
> turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
> down
> and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
> problem?
> thanks in advance for your help.
>
> seasideshe


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2007
Mark Maylon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
Is the right time zone set for where you are at. It sounds you have the
wrong time zone selected. them everytime you reboot it automaticly set the
time wrong to your time zone.




"dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eaDtNLF3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
> Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
> type set to Automatic?
>
> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
>>I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date
>>and
>> time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change
>> the
>> date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab
>> is
>> not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
>> sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when
>> I
>> turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
>> down
>> and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
>> problem?
>> thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> seasideshe

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
seasideshe
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
everything is correct. I haven't contacted the computer manufacturer because
I thought it might be a vista problem and I was hoping I could fix it myself.
Thank you for your help.

"Mary" wrote:

> You should contact your computer maker. Is the Control Panel, Clock,
> Language, Region setting correct? You must be an Administrator or select Run
> as Administrator to change the time.
>
> "seasideshe" wrote:
>
> > I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date and
> > time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change the
> > date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab is
> > not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
> > sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when I
> > turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut down
> > and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this problem?
> > thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > seasideshe

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
seasideshe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
I did check and it is set to "automatic". I'm thinking the main malfunction
is that the "apply" tab isn't highlighted therefore I can't solidify, if you
will, the updating that I have made to the time/date. Has this been a problem
for anyone else? Do you think it is Vista causing the problem or somthing
else? thank you for your help.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
> Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
> type set to Automatic?
>
> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
> >I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date
> >and
> > time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change
> > the
> > date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab
> > is
> > not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
> > sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when I
> > turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
> > down
> > and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
> > problem?
> > thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > seasideshe

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
seasideshe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
I have the time zone set correctly for sure. any other help? thank you for
helping


"Mark Maylon" wrote:

> Is the right time zone set for where you are at. It sounds you have the
> wrong time zone selected. them everytime you reboot it automaticly set the
> time wrong to your time zone.
>
>
>
>
> "dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:eaDtNLF3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
> > Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
> > type set to Automatic?
> >
> > "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
> >>I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my date
> >>and
> >> time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually change
> >> the
> >> date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply" tab
> >> is
> >> not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it in
> >> sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means when
> >> I
> >> turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
> >> down
> >> and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
> >> problem?
> >> thanks in advance for your help.
> >>
> >> seasideshe

> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
If you are updating the clock via internet, or by hand, so to speak, you get
an OK or Cancel button in the secondary windows. The main window Apply
button won't "un-gray". It only "un-grays" if you make changes directly in
the main window, like show more clocks, or un-check "Remind me one week
before this change occurs", etc.


"seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8D8897F8-9723-4C50-8BEC-F2162B5CA6FA@microsoft.com...
>I did check and it is set to "automatic". I'm thinking the main malfunction
> is that the "apply" tab isn't highlighted therefore I can't solidify, if
> you
> will, the updating that I have made to the time/date. Has this been a
> problem
> for anyone else? Do you think it is Vista causing the problem or somthing
> else? thank you for your help.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
>> Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
>> type set to Automatic?
>>
>> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my
>> >date
>> >and
>> > time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually
>> > change
>> > the
>> > date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply"
>> > tab
>> > is
>> > not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it
>> > in
>> > sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means
>> > when I
>> > turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
>> > down
>> > and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
>> > problem?
>> > thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> > seasideshe

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
seasideshe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
Thanks dean-dean. I didn't realize that. So the "reply" tab has nothing to
do with my time/date not working. Could it be a Vista problem? If so can you
direct me to where I might find a solution to this? thanks again

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you are updating the clock via internet, or by hand, so to speak, you get
> an OK or Cancel button in the secondary windows. The main window Apply
> button won't "un-gray". It only "un-grays" if you make changes directly in
> the main window, like show more clocks, or un-check "Remind me one week
> before this change occurs", etc.
>
>
> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8D8897F8-9723-4C50-8BEC-F2162B5CA6FA@microsoft.com...
> >I did check and it is set to "automatic". I'm thinking the main malfunction
> > is that the "apply" tab isn't highlighted therefore I can't solidify, if
> > you
> > will, the updating that I have made to the time/date. Has this been a
> > problem
> > for anyone else? Do you think it is Vista causing the problem or somthing
> > else? thank you for your help.
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press Enter.
> >> Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the startup
> >> type set to Automatic?
> >>
> >> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my
> >> >date
> >> >and
> >> > time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually
> >> > change
> >> > the
> >> > date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the "apply"
> >> > tab
> >> > is
> >> > not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put it
> >> > in
> >> > sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means
> >> > when I
> >> > turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I shut
> >> > down
> >> > and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
> >> > problem?
> >> > thanks in advance for your help.
> >> >
> >> > seasideshe
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to "apply" changes to date and time
Yes, your problem seems to lie elsewhere. The Date and Time Control Panel
is working, but something else is wrong. It could be the battery in your
computer (not your laptop battery, but the little one on your motherboard,
that is supposed to keep the computer's time up to date in the BIOS, even
when your computer is shut off, or when it's sleeping. Or it could be
something else. It seems if your computer is new, that little battery
should be okay. Something "appears" to be shutting off the battery when you
shut down or sleep. This is kind of odd. And if it were true, I would
think the clock would always show the same default wrong date when you
re-access Windows. Have you contacted your computer's
Manufacturer?

Try this. When you start your computer after being turned off, instead of
going into Windows immediately, enter your BIOS Setup and see if the clock
is running. Is it? If it is, is it correct?

"seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7DA987B3-5AA7-47F3-A22D-A80650A1678C@microsoft.com...
> Thanks dean-dean. I didn't realize that. So the "reply" tab has nothing
> to
> do with my time/date not working. Could it be a Vista problem? If so can
> you
> direct me to where I might find a solution to this? thanks again
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> If you are updating the clock via internet, or by hand, so to speak, you
>> get
>> an OK or Cancel button in the secondary windows. The main window Apply
>> button won't "un-gray". It only "un-grays" if you make changes directly
>> in
>> the main window, like show more clocks, or un-check "Remind me one week
>> before this change occurs", etc.
>>
>>
>> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8D8897F8-9723-4C50-8BEC-F2162B5CA6FA@microsoft.com...
>> >I did check and it is set to "automatic". I'm thinking the main
>> >malfunction
>> > is that the "apply" tab isn't highlighted therefore I can't solidify,
>> > if
>> > you
>> > will, the updating that I have made to the time/date. Has this been a
>> > problem
>> > for anyone else? Do you think it is Vista causing the problem or
>> > somthing
>> > else? thank you for your help.
>> >
>> > "dean-dean" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Type services.msc in the Start Search box of the Start Menu. Press
>> >> Enter.
>> >> Double-click the service Windows Time in the new window. Is the
>> >> startup
>> >> type set to Automatic?
>> >>
>> >> "seasideshe" <seasideshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:5ACB7B12-986A-435B-BF0F-48C60D1DC5E2@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I have a new laptop with windows vista home premium. I can't keep my
>> >> >date
>> >> >and
>> >> > time accurate. I can do the internet time synch and I can manually
>> >> > change
>> >> > the
>> >> > date and time but I'm unable to apply the changes because the
>> >> > "apply"
>> >> > tab
>> >> > is
>> >> > not working. So what happens is when I turn off the computer or put
>> >> > it
>> >> > in
>> >> > sleep mode the date and time stop working at that point which means
>> >> > when I
>> >> > turn the computer back on the time starts from where it was when I
>> >> > shut
>> >> > down
>> >> > and I have to update it all over again. Is there a solution to this
>> >> > problem?
>> >> > thanks in advance for your help.
>> >> >
>> >> > seasideshe
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't open "Date and Time" to change! phyrvurm microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-01-2007 09:58
Microsoft sets launch date for "Halo 3" video game Steve General Technology News 0 05-17-2007 00:48
Microsoft sets launch date for "Halo 3" video game Steve General Technology News 0 05-16-2007 17:43
Microsoft sets launch date for "Halo 3" video game Steve General Technology News 0 05-16-2007 08:32
"Windows Mail is unable to use Microsoft Communities features at this time." DGuess microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 10 03-28-2007 03:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120