ZoneAlarm

RENEE

ZoneAlarm
My system restore doesn't complete. I have read a lot of the other problems
people have been having with it too (does it EVER work) and they mostly have
NAV installed. I have ZoneAlarm Antivirus with Firewall. Can't figure out
how to disable it and even if I need to. Any help?
Rick Rogers

Re: ZoneAlarm
Hi,

Generally, I recommend that conflicting programs be uninstalled, not just
disabled, to determine if they are the source of the problem. They can
always be reinstalled later.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system restore doesn't complete. I have read a lot of the other
> problems
> people have been having with it too (does it EVER work) and they mostly
> have
> NAV installed. I have ZoneAlarm Antivirus with Firewall. Can't figure
> out
> how to disable it and even if I need to. Any help?

John Barnett MVP

Re: ZoneAlarm
If you have any doubts about Zone Alarm causing problems with System Restore
then uninstall Zone Alarm (make sure you are disconnected from the internet
because you will have no anti virus cover.) Once Zone Alarm is uninstalled,
restart your pc and then try creating a system restore point. If system
restore completes then Zone Alarm is probably the cause. If it doesn't and
you get the same problem, then Zone Alarm isn't the cause and you need to
start looking elsewhere. If Zone Alarm is not the problem then you can
easily re-install it.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system restore doesn't complete. I have read a lot of the other
> problems
> people have been having with it too (does it EVER work) and they mostly
> have
> NAV installed. I have ZoneAlarm Antivirus with Firewall. Can't figure
> out
> how to disable it and even if I need to. Any help?

Conley

RE: ZoneAlarm
My system restore conked out recently, and I have not found a solution. If
you need to do a restore to correct some other problem, run it from Safe Mode
or boot from the Vista DVD and run it from the repair computer menu. On my
computer, both of those options still work fine.