The perfect HD Usage monitor

Luca Villa

The perfect HD Usage monitor
I consider myself an IT expert but I never found the solution to
this...
My PC has 4GB of RAM but often it's slow because the HD goes into near-
to-100% activity.
I would to know what program/process is causing this near-to-100% HD
activity but I often don't found the solution.

I enabled all the columns related to I/O of the Task Manager but this
often didn't help to find the guilty process.
Then in Windows Vista I tried to see under Resource Monitor - Disk but
this often didn't help too.
I found that both the tools are not always able to well represent the
Process - HD usage association in the same clear way the Task Manager
shows the Process - CPU % usage.

Do you know a program that represents the Process - HD usage
association in the same clear way the Task Manager shows the Process -
CPU % usage?

Gerry

Re: The perfect HD Usage monitor
Luca

Please do not post the same group. Pick the two most relevant and leave
it at that. I would not expect someone posting this type of question to
an XP and a Vista newsgroup!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luca Villa wrote:
> I consider myself an IT expert but I never found the solution to
> this...
> My PC has 4GB of RAM but often it's slow because the HD goes into
> near- to-100% activity.
> I would to know what program/process is causing this near-to-100% HD
> activity but I often don't found the solution.
>
> I enabled all the columns related to I/O of the Task Manager but this
> often didn't help to find the guilty process.
> Then in Windows Vista I tried to see under Resource Monitor - Disk but
> this often didn't help too.
> I found that both the tools are not always able to well represent the
> Process - HD usage association in the same clear way the Task Manager
> shows the Process - CPU % usage.
>
> Do you know a program that represents the Process - HD usage
> association in the same clear way the Task Manager shows the Process -
> CPU % usage?

Fred B.

Re: The perfect HD Usage monitor
You might want to look at FreeMeter:
http://www.tiler.com/freemeter/

--
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!
"Luca Villa" <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote in message
news:1186783218.738670.300260@w3g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
>I consider myself an IT expert but I never found the solution to
> this...
> My PC has 4GB of RAM but often it's slow because the HD goes into near-
> to-100% activity.
> I would to know what program/process is causing this near-to-100% HD
> activity but I often don't found the solution.
>
> I enabled all the columns related to I/O of the Task Manager but this
> often didn't help to find the guilty process.
> Then in Windows Vista I tried to see under Resource Monitor - Disk but
> this often didn't help too.
> I found that both the tools are not always able to well represent the
> Process - HD usage association in the same clear way the Task Manager
> shows the Process - CPU % usage.
>
> Do you know a program that represents the Process - HD usage
> association in the same clear way the Task Manager shows the Process -
> CPU % usage?

BillinDetroit

Gerry wrote:
> Luca
>
> Please do not post the same group. Pick the two most relevant and leave
> it at that. I would not expect someone posting this type of question to
> an XP and a Vista newsgroup!

I take it that your response means that you don't know the answer.

I don't believe he was worried about your expectations. I certainly am not.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000767-2, 08/20/2007
Tested on: 8/20/2007 6:45:04 PM

Gerry

Re: The perfect HD Usage monitor
Bill

Luca needs to sort out whether he is asking the question in the context
of Vista or Windows XP! If Luca was an IT expert as he claims to be he
would know that the answers for Windows XP may not be the same for
Vista. He clearly wants an answer for Vista so therefore he should not
ask the question in a Windows XP newsgroup. As it happens I do know the
answer relevant to Windows XP but that is not what he was asking for.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BillinDetroit wrote:
> Gerry wrote:
>> Luca
>>
>> Please do not post the same group. Pick the two most relevant and
>> leave it at that. I would not expect someone posting this type of
>> question to an XP and a Vista newsgroup!
>>

> I take it that your response means that you don't know the answer.
>
> I don't believe he was worried about your expectations. I certainly
> am not.
> Bill

Luca Villa

Re: The perfect HD Usage monitor
I believe that the likelihood that a solution that works in XP works
in Vista too is >90% therefore I believe that both the newsgroups are
proper...