Upgrade disk to fix system - how to know new Key

Jon

Upgrade disk to fix system - how to know new Key
Last week sfc reported errors on my Vista Home Prem. but would not repair the
files. I was told on this msg board to use my upgrade disk to "Upgrade" and
fix the system which worked.
After the upgrade reinstall the Product Key would not activate Vista. I had
to call and I gave them numbers and they told me what to type in. After it
accepted the activation the help line said that there were no new product
keys that I needed to write down.
My question is how do I check to see if I still have the same Keys as on PC
sticker?

Thanks
Jon
PaulB

RE: Upgrade disk to fix system - how to know new Key
You could use this.
http://www.magicaljellybean.com/beta/
--
Paul

"Jon" wrote:

> Last week sfc reported errors on my Vista Home Prem. but would not repair the
> files. I was told on this msg board to use my upgrade disk to "Upgrade" and
> fix the system which worked.
> After the upgrade reinstall the Product Key would not activate Vista. I had
> to call and I gave them numbers and they told me what to type in. After it
> accepted the activation the help line said that there were no new product
> keys that I needed to write down.
> My question is how do I check to see if I still have the same Keys as on PC
> sticker?
>
> Thanks
> Jon

Jon

"PaulB" wrote:

> You could use this.
> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/beta/
> --
> Paul
>

> "Jon" wrote:
>
> > Last week sfc reported errors on my Vista Home Prem. but would not repair the
> > files. I was told on this msg board to use my upgrade disk to "Upgrade" and
> > fix the system which worked.
> > After the upgrade reinstall the Product Key would not activate Vista. I had
> > to call and I gave them numbers and they told me what to type in. After it
> > accepted the activation the help line said that there were no new product
> > keys that I needed to write down.
> > My question is how do I check to see if I still have the same Keys as on PC
> > sticker?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jon

Rick Rogers

Re: Upgrade disk to fix system - how to know new Key
Hi,

You used the same key for installing, so it won't change. They just needed
to use a new activation code since it was previously activated, they are not
the same thing.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/