System restore disks

Belinda

System restore disks
Hi,
ive just got a toshiba with vista on it. Do i need to make system recovery
disks incase something goes wrong? I have got a product recovery disk in the
box and i am use to making regualr backups.

If i do need to, how do I?? i cant find anything except backup and restore,
is this it?
thanks for your help!!
Belinda
Bert Kinney

Re: System restore disks
Hi Belinda,

What version of Vista?

Backup and restore is not a good option.

Imaging software is the best option. These applications will allow you to
restore a copy of the partition as it existed when the image was created.

Acronis True Image
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage

BootIt Next Generation & Image for Windows
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

For short term backups, burn data files to a CD/DVD.

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://bertk.mvps.org
Member: http://dts-l.org

Belinda wrote:
> Hi,
> ive just got a toshiba with vista on it. Do i need to make system recovery
> disks incase something goes wrong? I have got a product recovery disk in the
> box and i am use to making regualr backups.
>
> If i do need to, how do I?? i cant find anything except backup and restore,
> is this it?
> thanks for your help!!
> Belinda

Belinda

Re: System restore disks
Thanks for your help and links.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Belinda,
>
> What version of Vista?
>
> Backup and restore is not a good option.
>
> Imaging software is the best option. These applications will allow you to
> restore a copy of the partition as it existed when the image was created.
>
> Acronis True Image
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage
>
> BootIt Next Generation & Image for Windows
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/
>
> For short term backups, burn data files to a CD/DVD.
>
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://bertk.mvps.org
> Member: http://dts-l.org
>

> Belinda wrote:
> > Hi,
> > ive just got a toshiba with vista on it. Do i need to make system recovery
> > disks incase something goes wrong? I have got a product recovery disk in the
> > box and i am use to making regualr backups.
> >
> > If i do need to, how do I?? i cant find anything except backup and restore,
> > is this it?
> > thanks for your help!!
> > Belinda

Bert Kinney

Re: System restore disks
You're welcome Belinda.

Belinda wrote:
> Thanks for your help and links.
>

> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi Belinda,
>>
>> What version of Vista?
>>
>> Backup and restore is not a good option.
>>
>> Imaging software is the best option. These applications will allow you to
>> restore a copy of the partition as it existed when the image was created.
>>
>> Acronis True Image
>> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage
>>
>> BootIt Next Generation & Image for Windows
>> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/
>>
>> For short term backups, burn data files to a CD/DVD.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://bertk.mvps.org
>> Member: http://dts-l.org
>>

>> Belinda wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> ive just got a toshiba with vista on it. Do i need to make system recovery
>>> disks incase something goes wrong? I have got a product recovery disk in the
>>> box and i am use to making regualr backups.
>>>
>>> If i do need to, how do I?? i cant find anything except backup and restore,
>>> is this it?
>>> thanks for your help!!
>>> Belinda

AJR

Re: System restore disks
The following is confusing "...I have got a product recovery disk in the box
and i am use to making regualr backups. ...". Usually Toshiba includes a
recovery partition and ,at times, a recovery disk - there is no capability
to do backups but to retore the computer to it's original state or
applications selectively.

Is the disk labeled "recovery Disk" and if so -how are you doing backups?