ReadyDrive and ReadyBoost: How to know they are working?

Toph

ReadyDrive and ReadyBoost: How to know they are working?
Hello,

I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with Intel Turbo Boost memory. I have
enabled "readydrive" and "Readyboost" in the Intel Turbo Boost memory control
panel. I didn't know I was ordering this, but I think I have a H-HDD: when I
look at the hardware settings for my hard drive, in the NV Cache Tab I get

"This device has 387 MB of NV (non volatile) cache and can help
improve system performance. If using this disk as a Hybrid Hard Disc
is enabled, the disk can provide power savings and optimize the boot
and resume times of the system. The use of this disk as a Hybrid Hard
Disk can be turned on or off by the group policy administrators."

So, my questions are:

(1) If I've turned on Readyboost and Readydrive, am I getting the
advantage of that 387MB NV Cache, despite this cryptic message? Is
there a way to know if it is activated?

(2) If not, what are 'group policy administrators' and how do I change
that setting. I figured that I am the group policy administrator as
it's my laptop. But I couldn't find anything either on the web or in
the Administrative Tools program.

(3) Is 'Turbo Boost' just some built in NAND for Ready boost, same as if you
plug in a media card or USB key?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris
AJR

Re: ReadyDrive and ReadyBoost: How to know they are working?
You cannot accesss the contents of the ReadyBoost external device or
ReadyDrive cache. The "Led" on the ReadyBoost device indicates when it is
functioning. ReadyBoost and ReadyDrive are used by Superfetch for
non-sequential read/writes and the HD directly for sequential read/writes. -
which is why performance depends on type of HD activity.

I have no experience directly with ReadtDrive ( some info above from Vista
Resource Kit). but Vista "OKs" an external device for ReadyBoost primarily
based on the HD index and uses an inded of "5" as a base - which is why most
defvices are usuable with laptops.

Assuming the hybrid HD has an expereince index higher than "5" (5.9 is
max) - an external device would not be utilized by Vista? (Confusing)