Pimping to make harddisk silent !

Grillpimpmaster

Pimping to make harddisk silent !

Hi I'm Grillpimpmaster,

after I've installed Vista the harddisk runs permanetely!
Many of my friends have the same problem!

To make the harddisk silent to the following steps:

- type msconfig in the command line

::*- Disable SUPERFETCH

- Right click on the hardisk \"INDEXING\" disable it and
adding \"for subfolder\"

- Disable \"Windows Search\"*::

For Enthusiasts:

- Disable "System Restoring"

After a reboot you've got a silent system and now you can drink a cup
of coffee with no disturbing harddrive!

I'm from Germany, so If you have time correct my english!

I've got a answer for the question "NOT TO BE ABLE TO RENAME FOLDERS"

After installing the inoffical patch KB938_*979*__x64 and reboot YOU
can't rename any folders!

ONLY a System Restore point helps to undo it!

--
Grillpimpmaster
GeekBoy

Re: Pimping to make harddisk silent !

"Grillpimpmaster" <Grillpimpmaster.2v2bv1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hi I'm Grillpimpmaster,
>
> after I've installed Vista the harddisk runs permanetely!
> Many of my friends have the same problem!
>

> To make the harddisk silent to the following steps:
>
> - type msconfig in the command line
>
> ::*- Disable SUPERFETCH
>

> - Right click on the hardisk \"INDEXING\" disable it and
> adding \"for subfolder\"
>

> - Disable \"Windows Search\"*::
>

> For Enthusiasts:
>
> - Disable "System Restoring"
>
> After a reboot you've got a silent system and now you can drink a cup
> of coffee with no disturbing harddrive!
>
> I'm from Germany, so If you have time correct my english!

Does it increase data tranfer speed?

> __________________________________________________ ____________
>
> I've got a answer for the question "NOT TO BE ABLE TO RENAME FOLDERS"
>
> After installing the inoffical patch KB938_*979*__x64 and reboot YOU
> can't rename any folders!
>

> ONLY a System Restore point helps to undo it!
>

> --
> Grillpimpmaster

Rick Rogers

Re: Pimping to make harddisk silent !
> Does it increase data tranfer speed?

No, all those process are low priority, but it does:

- Remove the ability to restore the system to a prior state if something
goes wrong
- Slow data retrieval as nothing is indexed, so the search engine has to
scan manually from a to z
- Slow loading of programs and data frequently used as they are no longer
preloaded when you disable superfetch

It is normal for a new system to run constantly for a few days while Vista
catalogs the data and learn user habits. Everything Grillpimpmaster lists
has the net effect of either slowing down the normal response time by
restricting design functionality or removing the user's ability to recover
from damage.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"GeekBoy" <geek@boy.com> wrote in message

> "Grillpimpmaster" <Grillpimpmaster.2v2bv1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
> message news:Grillpimpmaster.2v2bv1@no-mx.forums.net...
>>
>> Hi I'm Grillpimpmaster,
>>
>> after I've installed Vista the harddisk runs permanetely!
>> Many of my friends have the same problem!
>>

>> To make the harddisk silent to the following steps:
>>
>> - type msconfig in the command line
>>
>> ::*- Disable SUPERFETCH
>>

>> - Right click on the hardisk \"INDEXING\" disable it and
>> adding \"for subfolder\"
>>

>> - Disable \"Windows Search\"*::
>>

>> For Enthusiasts:
>>
>> - Disable "System Restoring"
>>
>> After a reboot you've got a silent system and now you can drink a cup
>> of coffee with no disturbing harddrive!
>>
>> I'm from Germany, so If you have time correct my english!
>>

>> __________________________________________________ ____________
>>
>> I've got a answer for the question "NOT TO BE ABLE TO RENAME FOLDERS"
>>
>> After installing the inoffical patch KB938_*979*__x64 and reboot YOU
>> can't rename any folders!
>>

>> ONLY a System Restore point helps to undo it!
>>

>> --
>> Grillpimpmaster

GeekBoy

Re: Pimping to make harddisk silent !

> No, all those process are low priority, but it does:
>
> - Remove the ability to restore the system to a prior state if something
> goes wrong
> - Slow data retrieval as nothing is indexed, so the search engine has to
> scan manually from a to z
> - Slow loading of programs and data frequently used as they are no longer
> preloaded when you disable superfetch
>
> It is normal for a new system to run constantly for a few days while Vista
> catalogs the data and learn user habits. Everything Grillpimpmaster lists
> has the net effect of either slowing down the normal response time by
> restricting design functionality or removing the user's ability to recover
> from damage.

Well that is not good. Seems like it takes forver to load anything on my
system.
hence my questioning on such matters.

> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "GeekBoy" <geek@boy.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Grillpimpmaster" <Grillpimpmaster.2v2bv1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
>> message news:Grillpimpmaster.2v2bv1@no-mx.forums.net...
>>>
>>> Hi I'm Grillpimpmaster,
>>>
>>> after I've installed Vista the harddisk runs permanetely!
>>> Many of my friends have the same problem!
>>>

>>> To make the harddisk silent to the following steps:
>>>
>>> - type msconfig in the command line
>>>
>>> ::*- Disable SUPERFETCH
>>>

>>> - Right click on the hardisk \"INDEXING\" disable it and
>>> adding \"for subfolder\"
>>>

>>> - Disable \"Windows Search\"*::
>>>

>>> For Enthusiasts:
>>>
>>> - Disable "System Restoring"
>>>
>>> After a reboot you've got a silent system and now you can drink a cup
>>> of coffee with no disturbing harddrive!
>>>
>>> I'm from Germany, so If you have time correct my english!
>>>

>>> __________________________________________________ ____________
>>>
>>> I've got a answer for the question "NOT TO BE ABLE TO RENAME FOLDERS"
>>>
>>> After installing the inoffical patch KB938_*979*__x64 and reboot YOU
>>> can't rename any folders!
>>>

>>> ONLY a System Restore point helps to undo it!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Grillpimpmaster

Spirit

Re: Pimping to make harddisk silent !
Start a new thread with a good description of your issue.

Be sure to update all drivers especially Video and Hard Disk
including any hard disk utilities. These are notorious for causing
delays and hang-ups including slow disk assess.