poor picture resolution

amitava

poor picture resolution
I hope I'm posting this in the right news group, I apologise if it should be
in another category but I wasn't sure if this problem is an Internet
Explorer or Windows issue.
All images in all the website i am opening is coming blurred. On the
contrary my own images in the hard disk can be viewed satisfactorily. I have
tried reinstalling my driver for my graphics card but that has not helped
either.
Using Firefox has not helped either
Can you please help
Thank you..
Malke

Re: poor picture resolution
amitava wrote:
> I hope I'm posting this in the right news group, I apologise if it should be
> in another category but I wasn't sure if this problem is an Internet
> Explorer or Windows issue.
> All images in all the website i am opening is coming blurred. On the
> contrary my own images in the hard disk can be viewed satisfactorily. I have
> tried reinstalling my driver for my graphics card but that has not helped
> either.
> Using Firefox has not helped either
> Can you please help
> Thank you..

Do you use a dialup Internet connection? If yes, you probably have some
sort of "Web Accelerator" running. I know that both AOL and Earthlink
have this sort of thing. The "Web Accelerator" gives you the illusion
that your dialup speed is faster by compressing images. Since you are
downloading less data it seems faster but the images are pixelated and
unclear.

If this fits your situation, try disabling the "Web Accelerator".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
amitava

Re: poor picture resolution
thank you so much...the problem was solved. regards

"Malke" wrote:

> amitava wrote:
> > I hope I'm posting this in the right news group, I apologise if it should be
> > in another category but I wasn't sure if this problem is an Internet
> > Explorer or Windows issue.
> > All images in all the website i am opening is coming blurred. On the
> > contrary my own images in the hard disk can be viewed satisfactorily. I have
> > tried reinstalling my driver for my graphics card but that has not helped
> > either.
> > Using Firefox has not helped either
> > Can you please help
> > Thank you..

> Do you use a dialup Internet connection? If yes, you probably have some
> sort of "Web Accelerator" running. I know that both AOL and Earthlink
> have this sort of thing. The "Web Accelerator" gives you the illusion
> that your dialup speed is faster by compressing images. Since you are
> downloading less data it seems faster but the images are pixelated and
> unclear.
>
> If this fits your situation, try disabling the "Web Accelerator".
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Re: poor picture resolution
amitava wrote:
> thank you so much...the problem was solved. regards

Glad that worked for you. Thanks for taking the time to post back.

Malke