Disable ease of access on screen keyboard

AuthorizedUserPF

Disable ease of access on screen keyboard
Hi;

I activated the ease of access on screen keyboard a while back because Vista
did not recognize my ps2 keyboard after I installed the driver. I finally got
it to work , special buttons and all, but now I cqn't seem to turn
off/disable the on screen keyboard. It pops up every time I start my
computer, and all I am able to do is close it temporarily, until the next
start-up.
Please advise
Phil
Jim

Re: Disable ease of access on screen keyboard
Found solution for this:
Go to control pnl. and double click on Ease of Access.
Click on use the computer without a mouse or keyboard.
Under: Type using a pointing device, uncheck use on-screen keyboard
When you restart computer or log off and on the on-screen keyboard will not
show!
My operating system is Vista Home Basic
Not sure if this will end up being second post. If so I apologize in
advance. Just wanting to help!

"AuthorizedUserPF" <AuthorizedUserPF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:681F5A86-04D6-4845-B963-374B8BE69B51@microsoft.com...
> Hi;
>
> I activated the ease of access on screen keyboard a while back because
> Vista
> did not recognize my ps2 keyboard after I installed the driver. I finally
> got
> it to work , special buttons and all, but now I cqn't seem to turn
> off/disable the on screen keyboard. It pops up every time I start my
> computer, and all I am able to do is close it temporarily, until the next
> start-up.
> Please advise
> Phil

AuthorizedUserPF

Re: Disable ease of access on screen keyboard
Jim;
This certainly shut it down in Vista Ultimate to. A big thanks. Don't know
why they would not have something directly off the keyboard but this is the
solution.
No more osk unless I want it!