Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

how to remove shadow on icon fonts

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
hash
 

Posts: n/a
how to remove shadow on icon fonts
Hello

How can I remove the shadow on the fonts in icons on the desktop ? Thank
you.

hash

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
John
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts
It's in Performance Options, Vistal effects tab. This is the long way
there... why it's not more easily accessible is a mystery.

Control Panel--System and Maintenance--Performance Info tools--Use tools to
improve performance--Advanced tools--Adjust Appearance and performance of
windows. Uncheck the dropshadow for icon labels. But be warned, the type is
only a white color. So if you have a light background it's hard to read.
Amazinf we cant set the desktop font color!!
"hash" <joeblogg@spam.com> wrote in message
news:uBtWK9L2HHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello
>
> How can I remove the shadow on the fonts in icons on the desktop ? Thank
> you.
>
> hash



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
David
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts
John wrote:
> It's in Performance Options, Vistal effects tab. This is the long way
> there... why it's not more easily accessible is a mystery.
>
> Control Panel--System and Maintenance--Performance Info tools--Use tools to
> improve performance--Advanced tools--Adjust Appearance and performance of
> windows. Uncheck the dropshadow for icon labels. But be warned, the type is
> only a white color. So if you have a light background it's hard to read.
> Amazinf we cant set the desktop font color!!
>
>

Not correct. While you can't CHOOSE the font color, the font will
switch to black if the background is a light color.


Dave
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts

hash;412510 Wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can I remove the shadow on the fonts in icons on the desktop ?
> Thank
> you.
>
> hash


Hi Hash,

If you would like some screenshots with those instructions by John, see
the link.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75...s-options.html

Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
_http://www.vistax64.com/ (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
Purpleman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts
The best solution with maximum flexibility is to install Iconoid. It`s a
great little free programme that has some very useful facilities. Works fine
on Vista as well. Just google the word Iconoid.

"brink" wrote:

>
> hash;412510 Wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > How can I remove the shadow on the fonts in icons on the desktop ?
> > Thank
> > you.
> >
> > hash

>
> Hi Hash,
>
> If you would like some screenshots with those instructions by John, see
> the link.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75...s-options.html
>
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> _http://www.vistax64.com/ (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts

Purpleman;418996 Wrote:
> The best solution with maximum flexibility is to install Iconoid. It`s a
> great little free programme that has some very useful facilities. Works
> fine
> on Vista as well. Just google the word Iconoid.
>
>


Hi Purpleman,

Thank you for the Iconoid suggestion. It looks like a neat little
program. Do you know if it works in x64 Vista as well? I did not see
Vista listed in the supported OS list, so I am just assuming that it may
only work in x32 Vista. ??

Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
Purpleman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts
Hi. I don`t know as I have x32 system. It wouldn`t hurt to try it. If it
doesn`t work properly, just unistall it and delete it`s programme folder etc.

"brink" wrote:

>
> Purpleman;418996 Wrote:
> > The best solution with maximum flexibility is to install Iconoid. It`s a
> > great little free programme that has some very useful facilities. Works
> > fine
> > on Vista as well. Just google the word Iconoid.
> >
> >

>
> Hi Purpleman,
>
> Thank you for the Iconoid suggestion. It looks like a neat little
> program. Do you know if it works in x64 Vista as well? I did not see
> Vista listed in the supported OS list, so I am just assuming that it may
> only work in x32 Vista. ??
>
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> _http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to remove shadow on icon fonts

Purpleman;419396 Wrote:
> Hi. I don`t know as I have x32 system. It wouldn`t hurt to try it. If
> it
> doesn`t work properly, just unistall it and delete it`s programme
> folder etc.
>
>


Purpleman,

Well I gave Iconoid a try, but it would not run for the x64 Vista. It
did install and uninstall without any problems though. (haha) Oh well,
perhaps one day they will make a x64 version.

Thank you anyway,
Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remove Control Panel Icon Bruce microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 06-28-2007 11:12
can't remove desktop icon in vista name microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 05-30-2007 16:33
removing safely remove hardware icon from taskbar eardley2028 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 05-18-2007 14:14
Thumb drive has no remove icon in System tray =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-22-2007 02:24
Safely Remove icon doesn't recognize external HD =?Utf-8?B?Q2xhcmVuY2UgQg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 04-08-2007 02:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120