Computer backup

RENEE

Computer backup
computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get

shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
specified operation (0x8004230F)

Any suggestions? Thanks
Bob J

RE: Computer backup
There is KB940032 on MS but it refers to a Server setup, same problem.
The below info was listed in another discussion group

RE: Backup error 0x8004230F
To anyone who is having the same problem, I fixed the error by simply
restarting the computer (something I realized after I posted that I hadn't
done since the default is just to put it into Sleep Mode).

Anyways, I restarted and the error message went away and I was able to
backup my system with no problems.
--
Regards
Bob J

"RENEE" wrote:

> computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get
>
> shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
> specified operation (0x8004230F)
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks

RENEE

RE: Computer backup
I have restarted more than once. Still doesn't work - same error message

"Bob J" wrote:

> There is KB940032 on MS but it refers to a Server setup, same problem.
> The below info was listed in another discussion group
>
> RE: Backup error 0x8004230F
> To anyone who is having the same problem, I fixed the error by simply
> restarting the computer (something I realized after I posted that I hadn't
> done since the default is just to put it into Sleep Mode).
>
> Anyways, I restarted and the error message went away and I was able to
> backup my system with no problems.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "RENEE" wrote:
>
> > computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get
> >
> > shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
> > specified operation (0x8004230F)
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanks

Bert Kinney

Re: Computer backup
Hi Rennee,

See if this applies:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html#10

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://bertk.mvps.org
Member: http://dts-l.org

RENEE wrote:
> computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get
>
> shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
> specified operation (0x8004230F)
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks

RENEE

Re: Computer backup
not the same error message

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Rennee,
>
> See if this applies:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html#10
>
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://bertk.mvps.org
> Member: http://dts-l.org
>

> RENEE wrote:
> > computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get
> >
> > shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
> > specified operation (0x8004230F)
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanks

decemberdistrict

Re: Computer backup
I'm having this same problem.
Any solutions?

"RENEE" wrote:

> not the same error message
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
> > Hi Rennee,
> >
> > See if this applies:
> > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html#10
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> > http://bertk.mvps.org
> > Member: http://dts-l.org
> >

> > RENEE wrote:
> > > computer backup will not work. when it tries to start a shadow copy, I get
> > >
> > > shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
> > > specified operation (0x8004230F)
> > >
> > > Any suggestions? Thanks

RENEE

Re: Computer backup
nope

"decemberdistrict" wrote:

> I'm having this same problem.
> Any solutions?
>
> "RENEE" wrote:
>
> > not the same error message
> >
> > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Rennee,
> > >
> > > See if this applies:
> > > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html#10
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> > > http://bertk.mvps.org
> > > Member: http://dts-l.org

decemberdistrict

Re: Computer backup
That's great. :< I can't access any internet connection, and I have a feeling
that Restoring would be a good idea. x.x