Microsoft ISATAP adapter

Thomi

Microsoft ISATAP adapter
I had a yellow exclamation mark beside my ISATAP adapter in my System Device
manager. I removed it and rebooted thinking the system would redeteck and
reinstall. It did not.

Subsequently did a search and Microsoft Help and support and found I found
Article ID : 932520. To make matters worse there was nothing wrong, the
yellow exclamation is a windows BUG and my system was actually operating
normally untill I removed it.

The article does not explain how to reinstall or restore the Microsoft
ISATAP Adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Spirit

Re: Microsoft ISATAP adapter
Did you do a Power Off reboot?

If no joy - Control Panel - Add Hardware

"Thomi" <Thomi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a yellow exclamation mark beside my ISATAP adapter in my System
>Device
> manager. I removed it and rebooted thinking the system would redeteck and
> reinstall. It did not.
>
> Subsequently did a search and Microsoft Help and support and found I found
> Article ID : 932520. To make matters worse there was nothing wrong, the
> yellow exclamation is a windows BUG and my system was actually operating
> normally untill I removed it.
>
> The article does not explain how to reinstall or restore the Microsoft
> ISATAP Adapter.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Thomi

Re: Microsoft ISATAP adapter
Thank you Spirit. The Add Hardware did it. I'm back to the installed but
with the Yellow flag in Device manager. Just wish I could be sure it's doing
what it should do.

Anyway you've got me back to what it was before I poked my fingers in where
I shouldn't have.

Thanks
Thomi