How to set up password in LAN?

pierce

How to set up password in LAN?
I have one computer using VISTA and two laptops using XP. i want one of these
laptops with XP to log onto the computer with VISTA using username and
password. How do I do this?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: How to set up password in LAN?
I am not sure I understand the question, but I thing you may want to create the same username and password on both computers so that they can access each other.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"pierce" <pierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021B52F8-F8E1-420C-ABF5-72BF7AECFE41@microsoft.com...
I have one computer using VISTA and two laptops using XP. i want one of these
laptops with XP to log onto the computer with VISTA using username and
password. How do I do this?
pierce

Re: How to set up password in LAN?
ok, ill try again.

i want my son who uses a laptop with XP, to be able to log onto my other
computer which uses VISTA, by using a username and password. On that same
laptop i also want my wife to be able to log onto my VISTA computer with her
own username and password. Meaning they have different access to different
files etc on that VISTA computer.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the question, but I thing you may want to create the same username and password on both computers so that they can access each other.
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "pierce" <pierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021B52F8-F8E1-420C-ABF5-72BF7AECFE41@microsoft.com...
> I have one computer using VISTA and two laptops using XP. i want one of these
> laptops with XP to log onto the computer with VISTA using username and
> password. How do I do this?

Angouby

Re: How to set up password in LAN?
HI, for that, i think you must share a specific folder for both of them. in
sharing and security you can choose what autorisation you want to give to
them.for example :right click on that directory-->"sharing and
security"-->security-->allow you wife or your child with a specific right
on sharing give a name to the new share , save and close.

Angouby MOUKOURI