HELP - Connecting the 'shareddocs' folder from XP laptop to Vista

bennos

HELP - Connecting the 'shareddocs' folder from XP laptop to Vista
Recently I upgraded the home pc (Hpc) to Vista (Home Premium 2006). I also
have a laptop (lap) at home that runs XP (ver. 2002 SP2)

I have these 2 networked through a wireless router, the router is connected
to the Hpc. There are no problems with connecting to the internet on both Hpc
and lap. I can see and access all (except one) of the shared folders that I
am sharing between the Hpc and lap.

However, the ‘shareddocs’ folder of lap cannot be access by the Hpc (Vista).
This is where I’m stuck and have been for a couple of days trying to figure
it out. Hoping you guys can help out with this!!

The message is:
\\xxx\shareddocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this service to find out
if you have access permission.
Access denied.

Both the Hpc and lap are single user logins (no password required and no
other users have been setup). This should mean that every time I turn on the
Hpc and lap I should be the administrator… right?

Hope you guys can help out, this is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.

Ben
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: HELP - Connecting the 'shareddocs' folder from XP laptop to Vista
Sounds like permission issue. I would check the permission under security tab. This search result may help,

Vista Permission IssuesPost Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:14 am Post subject: How to: check permissions using Vista icacls command, Reply with quote . ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE