Can't print on new pc with Vista

M.Ang

Can't print on new pc with Vista
I have a new Gateway desktop pc (Pentium D935, 250GB hard drive, 1GB DDR2
memory) just bought it a week ago obviously it has Vista (Home Premium) as
all new pc's do. My problem as is with everyone else: I cannot print. My
network is fine 2 Xp pc's and now mine(Vista). I can see and share everything
but when I try to print I get the dreaded : Access Denied mssg. We have 2
printers on our network (a Brother MFC 7820N and a Canon Pixma ip1500) my
old Xp could print off both not so with the Vista. I have read all and done
everything in newsgroups. Does Microsoft have any type of patch or any other
solution. Also I can't even get my Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 to play on it for
my neighbors daughter to play. Not very happy with Vista at all infact went
back to the place where I bought it to see if they had a new XP machine so I
could return the Vista. Unfortunately I was told no more XP -Vista is
standard on all machines now; very disappointed XP was excellent never had
any problems with XP. Any advice would be appreciated.
Erik Chapple

Re: Can't print on new pc with Vista
With all due respect, your post is a rant rather than a descriptive quest
for a solution.
Access Denied trying to print to you networked printers is simply a
permissions issue. You might want to review your domain/workgroup printing
permissions.
I'm not going to address your "neighbor's daughter's issue" however, the
Vista certified application list can be found here:
https://winqual.microsoft.com/member...ifiedlist.aspx

--
Erik Chapple
Denver, CO

"M.Ang" <MAng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Gateway desktop pc (Pentium D935, 250GB hard drive, 1GB DDR2
> memory) just bought it a week ago obviously it has Vista (Home Premium)
> as
> all new pc's do. My problem as is with everyone else: I cannot print. My
> network is fine 2 Xp pc's and now mine(Vista). I can see and share
> everything
> but when I try to print I get the dreaded : Access Denied mssg. We have 2
> printers on our network (a Brother MFC 7820N and a Canon Pixma ip1500) my
> old Xp could print off both not so with the Vista. I have read all and
> done
> everything in newsgroups. Does Microsoft have any type of patch or any
> other
> solution. Also I can't even get my Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 to play on it
> for
> my neighbors daughter to play. Not very happy with Vista at all infact
> went
> back to the place where I bought it to see if they had a new XP machine so
> could return the Vista. Unfortunately I was told no more XP -Vista is
> standard on all machines now; very disappointed XP was excellent never had
> any problems with XP. Any advice would be appreciated.

M.Ang

Re: Can't print on new pc with Vista
With all due respect also I really don't consider my problem a "rant". Sorry
if it offended. But if you read my entire post I explained that I tried all
suggestions in the newsgroups but nothing worked and then I proceded to ask
if there was a patch or other solution offered through Microsoft. And as for
my domain /workgroup printing permissions - that was one of the first things
I checked and all was in order. So any other helpful suggestions would be
most appreciated.
Thanks.

"Erik Chapple" wrote:

> With all due respect, your post is a rant rather than a descriptive quest
> for a solution.
> Access Denied trying to print to you networked printers is simply a
> permissions issue. You might want to review your domain/workgroup printing
> permissions.
> I'm not going to address your "neighbor's daughter's issue" however, the
> Vista certified application list can be found here:
> https://winqual.microsoft.com/member...ifiedlist.aspx
>
> --
> Erik Chapple
> Denver, CO
>

> "M.Ang" <MAng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new Gateway desktop pc (Pentium D935, 250GB hard drive, 1GB DDR2
> > memory) just bought it a week ago obviously it has Vista (Home Premium)
> > as
> > all new pc's do. My problem as is with everyone else: I cannot print. My
> > network is fine 2 Xp pc's and now mine(Vista). I can see and share
> > everything
> > but when I try to print I get the dreaded : Access Denied mssg. We have 2
> > printers on our network (a Brother MFC 7820N and a Canon Pixma ip1500) my
> > old Xp could print off both not so with the Vista. I have read all and
> > done
> > everything in newsgroups. Does Microsoft have any type of patch or any
> > other
> > solution. Also I can't even get my Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 to play on it
> > for
> > my neighbors daughter to play. Not very happy with Vista at all infact
> > went
> > back to the place where I bought it to see if they had a new XP machine so
> > could return the Vista. Unfortunately I was told no more XP -Vista is
> > standard on all machines now; very disappointed XP was excellent never had
> > any problems with XP. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can't print on new pc with Vista
Did you work your way through:

For the game issue, ask in the games NG.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows