Connection with Router is lost in sleep mode

Ray

Connection with Router is lost in sleep mode
There are dozens of issues with Windows Vista which need to be addressed. The
major one I am facing is that whenever I put my computer in Sleep Mode, it
loses connectivity with the wireless router installed in the office. Every
time I hibernate the computer to wake it up, the LAN connection icon in the
system tray has either limited connectivity or no connectivity at all.
Windows Vista detects the presence of wireless routers in the neighbourhood
and connects the computer to one of those routers. When I right click on the
LAN connection icon in the system tray and give it a command to Diagnose and
Repair, a new window appears in which I have to choose "Automatically assign
new IP address". This enables the computer to discoonect itself from the
wireless router of the neighbourhood and reconnect it with the Router it is
originally configured to work with. This happens ump**** times during the day
as I put the computer in sleep mode to go out of the office and do other jobs.
Does anybody has a solution to this problem?
Barb Bowman

Re: Connection with Router is lost in sleep mode
start button
ncpa.cpl [enter]

ack the UAC prompt if it appears

right click the connectoid, then properties, then power management
tab

what is the setting? try changing it and see if things improve.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
mikeyhsd

Re: Connection with Router is lost in sleep mode
in addition to Barbara's suggestion, you might turn off the option for your network card that allows the system to turn it off to save power.
its under the properties of the hardware device.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net