troubleshooting vista network printing

drew00629

troubleshooting vista network printing
i have three vista computers, two laptops and a desktop.. the desktop is
hooked up to the printer which is not wireless. they are all connected to the
internet by a linksys wrt54g router.
i went through the step by step installation guide found
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx to set up
print sharing, but when i try to make a connection with the desktop pc, it
says that the name is mispelled or there is a problem with my network..
obviously, the name is spelled correctly, but it doesnt tell me whats wrong
with the network.
I have print sharing turned on in all 3 computers. i have installed the
print drivers on all three computers, when i click 'network on all the two
laptops, it shows me that im sharing a network with the 'home-pc'.
the password for print sharing has been turned on, then back off.
the firewalls were on, and then were turned off.
im not sure what to do next.. if the laptops show me that im sharing with
the 'home pc' why cant they connect to it?
is the problem in my linksys networking?
any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: troubleshooting vista network printing
If you do net view \\desktopipaddress, can you see the shared printer?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"drew00629" <drew00629@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53050E-0724-486A-A638-17F57EB20825@microsoft.com...
[...]

well... i wish i could get that asap, but my router took a crap on me today,
so im gonna have to wait until monday to buy a new one... ill let ya know
monday.