problems with connecting my Vista laptop to my network wirelessly

Vesta

problems with connecting my Vista laptop to my network wirelessly
When i recieved my Vista laptop a couple days ago it connected to my houses
wireless network just fine. Then the next day i was trying to to get it to
share files with my xp destop and had it plugged into my router locally so i
didnt notice my wireless wasnt workin until i gave up later that night tryin
to get the computer to share files. But when i tried to reconnect to my
network with wireless it showed my the network and would let me connect to
it. But it wouldnt connect to the internet.. I've been trying to reslove this
problem the last two days and have tried just about everything even setting
up a new network, and im about the smash this laptop agianst the wall so help
would be much appreciated lol.. Thanks
Vesta

RE: problems with connecting my Vista laptop to my network wirelessly
oh and my destop is an xp computer

"Vesta" wrote:

> When i recieved my Vista laptop a couple days ago it connected to my houses
> wireless network just fine. Then the next day i was trying to to get it to
> share files with my xp destop and had it plugged into my router locally so i
> didnt notice my wireless wasnt workin until i gave up later that night tryin
> to get the computer to share files. But when i tried to reconnect to my
> network with wireless it showed my the network and would let me connect to
> it. But it wouldnt connect to the internet.. I've been trying to reslove this
> problem the last two days and have tried just about everything even setting
> up a new network, and im about the smash this laptop agianst the wall so help
> would be much appreciated lol.. Thanks

Chuck

Re: problems with connecting my Vista laptop to my network wirelessly
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:19:02 -0700, Vesta <Vesta@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>oh and my destop is an xp computer
>
>"Vesta" wrote:
>
>> When i recieved my Vista laptop a couple days ago it connected to my houses
>> wireless network just fine. Then the next day i was trying to to get it to
>> share files with my xp destop and had it plugged into my router locally so i
>> didnt notice my wireless wasnt workin until i gave up later that night tryin
>> to get the computer to share files. But when i tried to reconnect to my
>> network with wireless it showed my the network and would let me connect to
>> it. But it wouldnt connect to the internet.. I've been trying to reslove this
>> problem the last two days and have tried just about everything even setting
>> up a new network, and im about the smash this laptop agianst the wall so help
>> would be much appreciated lol.. Thanks

Start by looking at logs from "ipconfig /all", from each computer, so we can
diagnose the problem.

Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/