Copying files, then hang, and unable to abort and kill the process.

Phillip Pi

Copying files, then hang, and unable to abort and kill the process.
Hello,

Once in a while (very rare and happened maybe three times ever since
public beta 2 and I use Vista daily -- doesn't matter what editions and
which languages; also these are CLEAN OS' with only ATI/AMD Radeon 9600
drivers), copying files (using \\192.168.0.123\ or whatever to my local
machine with Vista. When the copying gets aborted (don't remember the
message -- it was in French when I last saw it in French Vista UE), then
Explorer hangs. I can't abort. Then I notice that copying says "not
responding". I loaded up Vista's Task Manager and tried to kill this
process, but it just doesn't die. Even telling Vista to shut down and
reboot my computer doesn't solve it (hangs at logging off at the green
splash screen). The only way out of this is to reset the computer.

I never had this problems with Windows XP SP0 to SP2 with and without
updates. I am using an old ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard with its
Athlon 64 3200+ [754 CPU], 512 MB of RAM, onboard Marvell network, SATA
HDD (NTFS+FAT32), etc.

Any ideas or tricks to fix this? Thank you in advance.
--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst

manjot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Pi View Post
[...]

AntiVirus, Anti-Spyware, Endpoint Security, Backup, Storage Solutions | Symantec Corp.
Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer. Thank you.
I have the same problem using HP pevilion dv 2000 series I can transfer the files when I boot in safe mode the system will not hang up while copying and copy very fast in network computer