User cloning between PCs

Bill G.

User cloning between PCs
I have a question about a procedure that I'm not sure if it can be actually
done.

I have 2 PCs, a Vista laptop (Home Premium) and an XP Home desktop,
connected through a router. There are several users on the desktop, and only
mine on the laptop. Is there a way that I can make my accounts be synched
between the PCs? I mean, I want the settings for my account on the desktop
to be automatically copied to my user account on the laptop and vice versa,
so that each time I make a change on one PC, when they connect through the
network, the changes will be reflected on the other PC.

I'm thinking of this cumbersome, but rather hand-freing method, because for
example, when I view my Common Feeds on my laptop during the day, when I
come back home, I want my desktop to know which feeds I viewed on the laptop
so it'll show me only those I haven't read. Or I encode some videos on the
desktop and I want to have them also available on the laptop for viewing at
work. Or even download and read messages and newsgroups in Windows Live Mail
on the desktop PC and have the read and downloaded status of the same
messages on Windows Live Mail on my laptop (I am referring to the Windows
Live Mail app, previously known as Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta).

I am now using the SyncToy to sync the most basic folders, such as
Documents, Music, Videos and all, since the Offline Folders syncing is out
of the Home Premium version of Vista. But I'd like to be able to sync
program settings too. I wanna sync the Common feeds list, Email settings and
messages, music folders, etc. I think it could be fairly easy, coz I use
almost the same programs, so it could be easy for them to automatically be
in sync. Do you have any suggestions? And excuse me for the long post.