i can not use my xp laptop to access files on my vista

mike

i can not use my xp laptop to access files on my vista
i have enabled file sharing with no luck i can go from my vista to the xp
laptop but i can not get it to work from the xp box to the vista box i have
all the new drivers and the ll transdopnder on my xp box but still no luck
Chuck

Re: i can not use my xp laptop to access files on my vista
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 21:12:00 -0700, mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have enabled file sharing with no luck i can go from my vista to the xp
>laptop but i can not get it to work from the xp box to the vista box i have
>all the new drivers and the ll transdopnder on my xp box but still no luck

Mike,

Did you set the Network Location Type to Private?

Is NetBT Enabled, consistently?
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html

If no help yet, look at logs from "browstat status" and "ipconfig /all", from
each computer, and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked
articles, and follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):

Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.
mike

Re: i can not use my xp laptop to access files on my vista
thanks for the hek chuck but i dont think thats the problem i think it has
more to do with the securty policys in vista and i say this because the only
folders i can get to from xp going to vista is the pulbic ones i even tryed
to place a shortcut to the folder i wanted but that was a no go im trying to
play around with the user rights now ill let you know how it goes thank again
for the help