Network Map Error with XP Laptop

pitbull2

Network Map Error with XP Laptop
I have a Vista Business box, an XP Pro box, and an XP Home laptop. The Visa
and XP Pro boxes are connected to my router using wires and my laptop is
connected wirelessly. I installed the LLTD patch (KB922120) on both XP
systems. Whenever the LLTD patch is installed on the laptop, the Vista
Network Map does not work. It gives the error "an error happened during the
mapping process." If I unplug the network cable from the XP Pro box, the
Network Map works and the laptop can be seen. If I reattach the cable and
turn off the wireless radio on the laptop, the Netowrk Map works and the XP
Pro box can be seen. So to summerize, if I have wireless and wired computers
on my network at the same time, the Vista Network Map does not work. Is
there any solution to this?
Karl Froelich [MS]

Re: Network Map Error with XP Laptop
What do you have connecting the devices together? There are some devices
which can play havoc with LLTD.
Please be specific with the device model, hardware version and firmware
version.

k.

"pitbull2" <pitbull2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBB45EFC-AA19-4C18-B1C8-072116C84FEF@microsoft.com...
>I have a Vista Business box, an XP Pro box, and an XP Home laptop. The
>Visa
> and XP Pro boxes are connected to my router using wires and my laptop is
> connected wirelessly. I installed the LLTD patch (KB922120) on both XP
> systems. Whenever the LLTD patch is installed on the laptop, the Vista
> Network Map does not work. It gives the error "an error happened during
> the
> mapping process." If I unplug the network cable from the XP Pro box, the
> Network Map works and the laptop can be seen. If I reattach the cable and
> turn off the wireless radio on the laptop, the Netowrk Map works and the
> XP
> Pro box can be seen. So to summerize, if I have wireless and wired
> computers
> on my network at the same time, the Vista Network Map does not work. Is
> there any solution to this?

pitbull2

Re: Network Map Error with XP Laptop
The laptop connects to a wireless router, a D-link DI-524.
The D-link router and the wired computers connect to a Netgear FR114P.
The Netgear rounter connects to a ZyXEL P-660R-T DSL 'modem.'

The reason for 2 routers is because I have other wired devices so I need the
additional ports. However, in the process of troubleshooting this, I
discovered that having even 1 wired device connected to either router causes
the error.

For now, I have uninstalled LLTD from the laptop because if I can't get this
to work, I would rather have the other computers in the Network Map.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information that may help.