Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Wont connect on restart

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2007
BladeRunner312
 

Posts: n/a
Wont connect on restart
I have brand new HP dv9000 Notebook.It has the best of everything in
it...Windows Vista Ultimate,Intel/PRO 3495a/b/g wireless card...all connected
to a Netgear router.When I first turn the Notebook on it connects right to
the network and the internet,no problems.Then,when I do an update or install
a program that requires a restart ity wont connect to the network or the
internet.I have to shut toe notebook down,close the lid and wait 15 minutes
to start up again and then it will reconnect to everything.I tried all of
HP's suggestions and even sent it back to the factory.They told me they were
able to duplicate the problem at the factory and replaced the wireless card
and reformatted the HDD.The only problem that I've found that was actually
fixed is the notebook dosent disconnect and reconnect from the network like
it used to do on an almost constant basis.A few ppl have told me it is the
new Vista OS and now I'm beginning to believe them.Does anyone else have this
problem and how the hell can I fix it.It is seriously beginning to be a real
pain in the butt......HELP PLEASE...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2007
Gary VanderMolen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Wont connect on restart
I have a HP dv6000 laptop with the same wireless card. It has no
problem with restarts.
Try the latest Intel driver:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=2259&lang=eng

Gary VanderMolen

"BladeRunner312" <BladeRunner312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6B85CAE6-671A-4D3D-9529-6C340826DE7D@microsoft.com...
>I have brand new HP dv9000 Notebook.It has the best of everything in
> it...Windows Vista Ultimate,Intel/PRO 3495a/b/g wireless card...all connected
> to a Netgear router.When I first turn the Notebook on it connects right to
> the network and the internet,no problems.Then,when I do an update or install
> a program that requires a restart ity wont connect to the network or the
> internet.I have to shut toe notebook down,close the lid and wait 15 minutes
> to start up again and then it will reconnect to everything.I tried all of
> HP's suggestions and even sent it back to the factory.They told me they were
> able to duplicate the problem at the factory and replaced the wireless card
> and reformatted the HDD.The only problem that I've found that was actually
> fixed is the notebook dosent disconnect and reconnect from the network like
> it used to do on an almost constant basis.A few ppl have told me it is the
> new Vista OS and now I'm beginning to believe them.Does anyone else have this
> problem and how the hell can I fix it.It is seriously beginning to be a real
> pain in the butt......HELP PLEASE...



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2007
BladeRunner312
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Wont connect on restart
The driver is up to date and the prob still exists.I really think its the OS
and one of its many bugs it still has.Need a service pack.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> I have a HP dv6000 laptop with the same wireless card. It has no
> problem with restarts.
> Try the latest Intel driver:
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=2259&lang=eng
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "BladeRunner312" <BladeRunner312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6B85CAE6-671A-4D3D-9529-6C340826DE7D@microsoft.com...
> >I have brand new HP dv9000 Notebook.It has the best of everything in
> > it...Windows Vista Ultimate,Intel/PRO 3495a/b/g wireless card...all connected
> > to a Netgear router.When I first turn the Notebook on it connects right to
> > the network and the internet,no problems.Then,when I do an update or install
> > a program that requires a restart ity wont connect to the network or the
> > internet.I have to shut toe notebook down,close the lid and wait 15 minutes
> > to start up again and then it will reconnect to everything.I tried all of
> > HP's suggestions and even sent it back to the factory.They told me they were
> > able to duplicate the problem at the factory and replaced the wireless card
> > and reformatted the HDD.The only problem that I've found that was actually
> > fixed is the notebook dosent disconnect and reconnect from the network like
> > it used to do on an almost constant basis.A few ppl have told me it is the
> > new Vista OS and now I'm beginning to believe them.Does anyone else have this
> > problem and how the hell can I fix it.It is seriously beginning to be a real
> > pain in the butt......HELP PLEASE...

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
CB
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Wont connect on restart


Why don't you uninstall all the extra crap HP put on your computer and then
disable all the startup programs that do not need to run at startup? You must
also keep in mind that just because a computer vendor put an application on
your Vista OS it does not mean it is compatible.

Since other people are not having this problem why do you blame it on the
Vista OS? I don't have an answer for you but you should not blame the OS
without some solid evidence that the OS is at fault. Call HP and keep calling
them until they fix your problem.

Have a nice day.

C.B.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
BladeRunner312
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Wont connect on restart
HeyCB....I appreciate your input but as far as removing all the junk HP
installed I'm really not that well versed in computers to go screwin around
with it.Afraid I might delete something I need to run it.I'll just keep
lookin for a solution....I know theres one out there somewhere.One thing is
for sure tho....Its definitley not goin back to HP.All they did in the two
weeks they had it was format the HDD.Hell,I did that before I sent it to em.
Thanx alot man.

~Bob

"CB" wrote:

>
>
> Why don't you uninstall all the extra crap HP put on your computer and then
> disable all the startup programs that do not need to run at startup? You must
> also keep in mind that just because a computer vendor put an application on
> your Vista OS it does not mean it is compatible.
>
> Since other people are not having this problem why do you blame it on the
> Vista OS? I don't have an answer for you but you should not blame the OS
> without some solid evidence that the OS is at fault. Call HP and keep calling
> them until they fix your problem.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> C.B.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
CB
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Wont connect on restart


You are welcome.

C.B.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microphone Wont Connect Dark Angel microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 12-17-2007 05:58
internet works but programs wont connect Rick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 05-14-2007 19:41
Dual booting Vista and XP - XP wont connect to internet Odorf07 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 05-02-2007 02:37
Vista wont restart =?Utf-8?B?YnVyZmV5Ym95?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 03-01-2007 16:33
vista wont do a restart =?Utf-8?B?ZGl0Y2g0NQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-17-2007 11:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120