Vista<->Windows7 Access Denied Error

elreynolds is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista<->Windows7 Access Denied Error
Thank you everyone for taking the time to consider this.

I have three computers on a network.
1) (KnR PC) My desktop running Vista Home Premium, connected to a Broadband Modem and a Cisco Router.
2) (Eric Laptop) A Laptop running Windows 7 and connected to the wireless network.
3) (BaGia Notebook) A Netbook also running Windows7 and connected to the wireless network.

My issue is this:

I can access files and folders on the two laptops from my Vista PC. However, I cannot access files and folders on the Vista PC from the two laptops.

All three computers are have the same workgroup name. All three computers have enabled Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, Public Folder Sharing, Media Streaming and 128-bit encryption. None of the computers have enabled Password Protected Sharing. Also, the two laptops running Windows 7 are set to a Work network whereas the Vista PC is on a Private network.

Sometimes, in the network map, I can click on the Vista PC icon but the window fails to load after some time and provides an "Access Denied" message. Other times, I cannot even click on the icon in the network map, and the Vista PC does not appear in the Network Computers and Devices folder. I included a screen capture of my network map just in case.

What I would like to do is be able to access all files and folders between all three computers. The two laptops running Windows 7 provide reciprocal access. My issue is just getting access to the Vista PC from the two laptops.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a ton for you all's time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screencap.jpg (10.1 KB, 1 views)

elreynolds is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista<->Windows7 Access Denied Error
As a follow-up, here are some other things I've tried.

All three computers have a User Account with the same name and password. I also tried the command "net config server /hidden:No" but got a System Error 5 Access Denied notice. To bypass that, I tried running Regedit to make sure this setting was correct. However, I wasn't able to locate the proper entry in the registry.

I think this is really boiling down to a permission issue but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. I have read that in older versions of Windows, one had to manually allow a File Sharing Exception in Windows Firewall. However, not only are those Exceptions already made on the Vista PC, Windows Firewall is actually turned off.

I even used the Advanced Sharing menu on my C: to allow sharing with Everyone. I'm just totally lost at this points as to what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!