Map sharing in network

PGBeeren

Map sharing in network
I have a network with 2 computers and a router. My desktop computer has
windows Vista and my laptop has windows XP. All is working and I can see both
computers in my network. Now i want to share some maps between the computers,
so I did sharing of maps on my Vista computer and on my XP computer.
After this, from the desktop (Vista) computer I could see and enter all the
maps I make shared.
From the laptop computer (XP) I can see all the maps on my desktop that I
make ready for sharing but I can only enter the Public map and not the other
maps. When I do I got the message \\name comp\maps desktop not eccessible.
You probably have not the right authorizations for this networksource.
Contact ur manager etc. (I translate it from Dutch to English so maybe my
English is not totally correct)

Probably I do something wrong or I missed something but I dont know what?
Can somebody help me?
PGBeeren

RE: Map sharing in network
I solved the problem. the name of the accounts was not exactly written in the
same way.

"PGBeeren" wrote:

> I have a network with 2 computers and a router. My desktop computer has
> windows Vista and my laptop has windows XP. All is working and I can see both
> computers in my network. Now i want to share some maps between the computers,
> so I did sharing of maps on my Vista computer and on my XP computer.
> After this, from the desktop (Vista) computer I could see and enter all the
> maps I make shared.
> From the laptop computer (XP) I can see all the maps on my desktop that I
> make ready for sharing but I can only enter the Public map and not the other
> maps. When I do I got the message \\name comp\maps desktop not eccessible.
> You probably have not the right authorizations for this networksource.
> Contact ur manager etc. (I translate it from Dutch to English so maybe my
> English is not totally correct)
>
> Probably I do something wrong or I missed something but I dont know what?
> Can somebody help me?

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Map sharing in network
Thank you for the update.