VPN reports Limited or No Connectivity and then drops connection

Jerid B

VPN reports Limited or No Connectivity and then drops connection
Hello all... this is our first Vista machine and I can't say we'll be buying
another any time soon. We've been having too many issues.
Vista Business - I can connect to wireless networks with no problem.
Internet works. IP Address resolves okay. No problems. However I need to VPN
into work and that doesn't work. We have 2 VPN connections and they are
working fine. My XP and 2000 machines jump right on. However this Vista
machine jumps on, recognizes the domain under status, states Access to Local
and internet, and then pops up a message: Limited or no Connectivity and then
drops the connection.

I googled and searched this forum and I can't find a working fix. HELP PLEASE!
GTS

Re: VPN reports Limited or No Connectivity and then drops connection
There are several known issues and fixes for VPN problems with Vista.
Unfortunately, with no indication of what kind of VPN you're using there is
no way for anyone to help you.
--

"Jerid B" <JeridB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all... this is our first Vista machine and I can't say we'll be
> buying
> another any time soon. We've been having too many issues.
> Vista Business - I can connect to wireless networks with no problem.
> Internet works. IP Address resolves okay. No problems. However I need to
> VPN
> into work and that doesn't work. We have 2 VPN connections and they are
> working fine. My XP and 2000 machines jump right on. However this Vista
> machine jumps on, recognizes the domain under status, states Access to
> Local
> and internet, and then pops up a message: Limited or no Connectivity and
> then
> drops the connection.
>
> I googled and searched this forum and I can't find a working fix. HELP
> PLEASE!

Jerid B

Re: VPN reports Limited or No Connectivity and then drops connecti
Sorry...
PPTP on a Windows 2003 Server (Micorsoft VPN)

"GTS" wrote:

> There are several known issues and fixes for VPN problems with Vista.
> Unfortunately, with no indication of what kind of VPN you're using there is
> no way for anyone to help you.
> --
>
> "Jerid B" <JeridB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all... this is our first Vista machine and I can't say we'll be
> > buying
> > another any time soon. We've been having too many issues.
> > Vista Business - I can connect to wireless networks with no problem.
> > Internet works. IP Address resolves okay. No problems. However I need to
> > VPN
> > into work and that doesn't work. We have 2 VPN connections and they are
> > working fine. My XP and 2000 machines jump right on. However this Vista
> > machine jumps on, recognizes the domain under status, states Access to
> > Local
> > and internet, and then pops up a message: Limited or no Connectivity and
> > then
> > drops the connection.
> >
> > I googled and searched this forum and I can't find a working fix. HELP
> > PLEASE!

Aanand Ramachandran

Re: VPN reports Limited or No Connectivity and then drops connecti
Jerid,
What kind of error message and error code do you see when your
connections drops? You should see this on the login dialogue of the VPN
connection and also in the event viewer. Please send me thisi info. In
addition to that can you also send me some RAS logs? Here is the procedure
to collect them...

Execute the following from elevated command prompt

• netsh ras set tr * en This enables RAS tracing
• <recreate the problem>
• netsh ras set tr * di This disables RAS tracing

This will generate log files in the %windir%\tracing directory. Please
zip the files and send them to me

All the above requested info will help us determine the cause of the
problem. Please send them to rrasblog@microsoft.com. Please also provide a
short description of the issue. You can just cut ans paste what you have
provided below. Some one in the RAS team at Microsoft can take a look at the
info and help you out.

thanks
Aanand