Network is OK, internet is not

Rouke

Network is OK, internet is not
Hi,

I just installed an old XP machine in an existing and working network with a
mix of XP and Vista PCs. From the newly installed XP machine I can access
the files on the other computers, but when trying to log onto the internet,
I get the message that the connection was interrupted. I think I've checked
everything, but must be overlooking something. Does anyone have any
suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Network is OK, internet is not
Hi
In order to help in such matter you have to post what the nature of your
Internet connection is and how the connection (Mode, Router) is configured.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Rouke" <rouke.bakker@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just installed an old XP machine in an existing and working network with
> a mix of XP and Vista PCs. From the newly installed XP machine I can
> access the files on the other computers, but when trying to log onto the
> internet, I get the message that the connection was interrupted. I think
> I've checked everything, but must be overlooking something. Does anyone
> have any suggestions how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,

Rouke

Re: Network is OK, internet is not
Thanks Jack,

The newly installed PC (and other XP-PC and Vista-laptop) connect to a
router (by cable), which in turn connects to the broadband modem (also by
cable). The other computers can access the internet correctly. This message
is proof that ;-)