Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...

Drinky

Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
I have a problem connecting to the Windows Help and Support website (e.g. F1
from the desktop).

I get the following message: "You have lost your connection to the Windows
Help and Support website. Try to connect again."

The "Try to connect again" is hyperlinked - but clicking it does nothing.

1 - I am connected to the internet.
2 - The Windows Help and support settings has the option to "Include Windows
Online Help and Support when you search for help" checked.
3 - The problem persists with the Windows Firewall enabled/disabled.

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
tombster

RE: Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
I am have the same problem. I have been running Vista about a week now and
have started having the problem you discribed. Hope someone can suggest
something.

"Drinky" wrote:

> I have a problem connecting to the Windows Help and Support website (e.g. F1
> from the desktop).
>
> I get the following message: "You have lost your connection to the Windows
> Help and Support website. Try to connect again."
>
> The "Try to connect again" is hyperlinked - but clicking it does nothing.
>
> 1 - I am connected to the internet.
> 2 - The Windows Help and support settings has the option to "Include Windows
> Online Help and Support when you search for help" checked.
> 3 - The problem persists with the Windows Firewall enabled/disabled.
>
> Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Jo

RE: Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
I also have this problem. Has there been any answer to this?

"tombster" wrote:

> I am have the same problem. I have been running Vista about a week now and
> have started having the problem you discribed. Hope someone can suggest
> something.
>
> "Drinky" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem connecting to the Windows Help and Support website (e.g. F1
> > from the desktop).
> >
> > I get the following message: "You have lost your connection to the Windows
> > Help and Support website. Try to connect again."
> >
> > The "Try to connect again" is hyperlinked - but clicking it does nothing.
> >
> > 1 - I am connected to the internet.
> > 2 - The Windows Help and support settings has the option to "Include Windows
> > Online Help and Support when you search for help" checked.
> > 3 - The problem persists with the Windows Firewall enabled/disabled.
> >
> > Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

Tertius

RE: Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
I've been having this problem as well since I installed Vista in March. It's
gotten to the point now that the "show content" and "show all" hyperlinks
within online help that point to mshelp:// all have red x's in them. It's
REALLY aggravating.

"Jo" wrote:

> I also have this problem. Has there been any answer to this?
>
> "tombster" wrote:
>
> > I am have the same problem. I have been running Vista about a week now and
> > have started having the problem you discribed. Hope someone can suggest
> > something.
> >
> > "Drinky" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a problem connecting to the Windows Help and Support website (e.g. F1
> > > from the desktop).
> > >
> > > I get the following message: "You have lost your connection to the Windows
> > > Help and Support website. Try to connect again."
> > >
> > > The "Try to connect again" is hyperlinked - but clicking it does nothing.
> > >
> > > 1 - I am connected to the internet.
> > > 2 - The Windows Help and support settings has the option to "Include Windows
> > > Online Help and Support when you search for help" checked.
> > > 3 - The problem persists with the Windows Firewall enabled/disabled.
> > >
> > > Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Mark

BunnyMan

RE: Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
Me Too! I had Vista Ultimate installed on my new Dell D820 and I've always
had the same: "You have lost your connection to the Windows Help and Support
website." issue. My network connection is good as I am writing this trouble
report via the same computer. Hello Bill!?

"Tertius" wrote:

> I've been having this problem as well since I installed Vista in March. It's
> gotten to the point now that the "show content" and "show all" hyperlinks
> within online help that point to mshelp:// all have red x's in them. It's
> REALLY aggravating.
>
> "Jo" wrote:
>
> > I also have this problem. Has there been any answer to this?
> >
> > "tombster" wrote:
> >
> > > I am have the same problem. I have been running Vista about a week now and
> > > have started having the problem you discribed. Hope someone can suggest
> > > something.

Grumpy Granny

RE: Windows Help and Support - You have lost your connection...
I have the same problem/error message on brand new Dell D630, Windows
Ultimate. No apparent reason for this feature to not work.

Granny 8/11/07