Please some one help me! Cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling Norton and Mcfee!!

Jesse Apple

Please some one help me! Cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling Norton and Mcfee!!

Hey,

I am hoping someone can help me with my internet problem.

I own a Toshiba Equium A200-151, which I bought in 2007. As I was losing
space on the vista part of the hard drive I decided to uninstall
programs I was no longer using.

I uninstalled google chrome and Norton360 secruity and McFee.

Now even though my internet connection is working, and other software on
my desktop will connect (such as weather and news updates), my browsers
(firefox and IE) won't connect.

I have tried EVERYTHING suggested in the microsoft help section and in
similar threads found on the web.

Is there anything someone suggest I do? Could I have possibly
uninstalled something by mistake that has made them stop working? My
hunch is it is something to do with the Norton360 uninstall.

--
Jesse Apple
Jesse Apple's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222027.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

eds4

Re: Please some one help me! Cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling Norton and Mcfee!!
Be sure to use the anti-virus removal tool for both norton and mcfee
downloadable from their website. Also, restore the IE to default settings
and see if that works. Good luck!

"Jesse Apple" <Jesse.Apple.4b7j9d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> I am hoping someone can help me with my internet problem.
>
> I own a Toshiba Equium A200-151, which I bought in 2007. As I was losing
> space on the vista part of the hard drive I decided to uninstall
> programs I was no longer using.
>
> I uninstalled google chrome and Norton360 secruity and McFee.
>
> Now even though my internet connection is working, and other software on
> my desktop will connect (such as weather and news updates), my browsers
> (firefox and IE) won't connect.
>
> I have tried EVERYTHING suggested in the microsoft help section and in
> similar threads found on the web.
>
> Is there anything someone suggest I do? Could I have possibly
> uninstalled something by mistake that has made them stop working? My
> hunch is it is something to do with the Norton360 uninstall.
>

> --
> Jesse Apple
> Jesse Apple's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222027.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1338676.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Please some one help me! Cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling Norton and Mcfee!!
Hi
It might be that Windows Firewall kicked in after you uninstall the others.
Make sure that Windows Firewall allows the Browsers connection.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).