Vista backup to XP OS partition

ctops.legal

Vista backup to XP OS partition
Problem, this is not a network sharing problem but networking the OS's
may be the only way to solve this problem, here is the question;

Client wanted Win. 7 on notebook to replace Vista H/B SP1, 1st 4
backup DVD's were made from the Vista sys., then the 3 DVD restore
discs were created from recovery mang. New OS was installed (clean
install), client wanted to start using MS outlook 2007 instead of the
Windows Mail that came with Vista H/B OS.

As I was setting up Outlook 2007 with his Register.com email I seen
that Register.com don't seem to archive emails in there server from
POP account users (although I'm sure they do somewhere), this client
was using his emails as someone would use Quick Books, I have all the
contacts in a folder I extracted from the backup DVDs but can't import
the files to Outlook 2007 mail client, I'm loking for a conversion
method for that, and because the Vista H/B sys. on the 3 DVD's are
from a factory image OS (where you don't have full administrative
privileges) could I install on a XP OS partition on my workstation so
I can retreve the emails from the original Vista OS's Windows Mail
client, or is there a way to export the email directly brom the 4
DVD's backups ?
ctops.legal

Re: Vista backup to XP OS partition
On Apr 20, 6:52*am, "ctops.legal" <ctops.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem, this is not a network sharing problem but networking the OS's
> may be the only way to solve this problem, here is the question;
>
> Client wanted Win. 7 on notebook to replace Vista H/B SP1, 1st 4
> backup DVD's were made from the Vista sys., then the 3 DVD restore
> discs were created from recovery mang. New OS was installed (clean
> install), client wanted to start using MS outlook 2007 instead of the
> Windows Mail that came with Vista H/B OS.
>
> As I was setting up Outlook 2007 with his Register.com email I seen
> that Register.com don't seem to archive emails in there server from
> POP account users (although I'm sure they do somewhere), this client
> was using his emails as someone would use Quick Books, I have all the
> contacts in a folder I extracted from the backup DVDs but can't import
> the files to Outlook 2007 mail client, I'm loking for a conversion
> method for that, and because the Vista H/B sys. on the 3 DVD's are
> from a factory image OS (where you don't have full administrative
> privileges) could I install on a XP OS partition on my workstation so
> I can retreve the emails from the original Vista OS's Windows Mail
> client, or is there a way to export the email directly brom the 4
> DVD's backups ?

PS: I seen this app. it looks new http://www.outlookimport.com/
also the contact file names I need inported to Outlook 2007 is "
Windows Live Contact file ".