Limitation on number of Incoming VPN Connections in Windows Vista

D.L. Barton

Limitation on number of Incoming VPN Connections in Windows Vista
Seems like a simple question that should be answered in the documentation. Is
Windows Vista 32 Ultimate limited to a single incoming VPN connection? If
not, how to I increase the number on simultaneous VPN Connections?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Limitation on number of Incoming VPN Connections in Windows Vista
Vista limits one VPN connection.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"D.L. Barton" <DLBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A57B011-0E50-40D0-A5DB-ED60B7FBAD81@microsoft.com...
Seems like a simple question that should be answered in the documentation. Is
Windows Vista 32 Ultimate limited to a single incoming VPN connection? If
not, how to I increase the number on simultaneous VPN Connections?
Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Limitation on number of Incoming VPN Connections in Windows Vista
To add to Bob's comments, AFAIK you can *NOT* increase that beyond one
incoming connection. That is hard coded into the OS. You either need to
upgrade to a server class OS like Windows 2003 Server or use a third-party
server package like Secure Shell (SSH) or OpenVPN for example. Another
alternative would be a VPN end-point type router.

For general home use remote access I run a SSH server package on my Vista
Ultimate desktop PC. That works very well for me. In my case I use the
copSSH server package and the Tunnelier client.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

"D.L. Barton" <DLBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Seems like a simple question that should be answered in the documentation.
> Is
> Windows Vista 32 Ultimate limited to a single incoming VPN connection? If
> not, how to I increase the number on simultaneous VPN Connections?

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Limitation on number of Incoming VPN Connections in Windows Vista
Thank you for the details, Al.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE