Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can not connect to internet.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2007
Fane
 

Posts: n/a
Can not connect to internet.
Hello,
I can not connect to the internet or my router from my PC which I just
installed Vista Ultimate on. The network connection icon in the system tray
says it has limited connect and repairing doesn't fix the problem.
I have searched the internet for the past hour trying to fix the problem but
still it persists.
My router is a Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Part # F5D7231uk4
and is connected via ethernet to my nVidia nForce 2 motherboard.

I have tried using the beta drivers for my ethernet controller but the
driver install window says its installing for ages and then I get inpatient
and stop the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
wildonemtx
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not connect to internet.


"Fane" wrote:

> Hello,
> I can not connect to the internet or my router from my PC which I just
> installed Vista Ultimate on. The network connection icon in the system tray
> says it has limited connect and repairing doesn't fix the problem.
> I have searched the internet for the past hour trying to fix the problem but
> still it persists.
> My router is a Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router Part # F5D7231uk4
> and is connected via ethernet to my nVidia nForce 2 motherboard.
>
> I have tried using the beta drivers for my ethernet controller but the
> driver install window says its installing for ages and then I get inpatient
> and stop the process.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
wildonemtx
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not connect to internet.
Not sure if there is a correct way to do this. I had the same problems with
my linksys wrt54g v2 router. My work around was to just assign a static IP to
my computer.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Robert L [MVP - Networking]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can not connect to internet.
Yes, some routers' DHCP is not compatible with Vista. So, assigning a static IP is one way to go. Or this lost help,

Vista: Wireless local onlySome wireless NIC or router DHCP may be incompatibilities with Vista. The Vista may be able to access local network but the Internet and shows “Local only”. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=530


Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"wildonemtx" <wildonemtx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CCCDEAF-59FC-416D-9183-52403283D2C1@microsoft.com...
Not sure if there is a correct way to do this. I had the same problems with
my linksys wrt54g v2 router. My work around was to just assign a static IP to
my computer.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Fane
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can not connect to internet.
Thanks for the replys.

I have tried everything suggested and still nothing I even tried turning
off DHCP.
In my main post I forgot to say that I can't connect to my router from vista
either (The routers control page.)

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Yes, some routers' DHCP is not compatible with Vista. So, assigning a static IP is one way to go. Or this lost help,
>
> Vista: Wireless local onlySome wireless NIC or router DHCP may be incompatibilities with Vista. The Vista may be able to access local network but the Internet and shows “Local only”. ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=530
>
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "wildonemtx" <wildonemtx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CCCDEAF-59FC-416D-9183-52403283D2C1@microsoft.com...
> Not sure if there is a correct way to do this. I had the same problems with
> my linksys wrt54g v2 router. My work around was to just assign a static IP to
> my computer

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2007
Fane
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can not connect to internet.
Nothing else I can try?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2007
Robert L [MVP - Networking]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can not connect to internet.
Assuming you turn off DHCP and use static IP and you still can not ping the router, do you have green light on the NIC and router port? Or you may need to re-configure the NIC speed and duplex. These search results may help,

Losing wireless connection to ...Also, try to re-configure the NIC. This case may help, Solved: Limited connectivity with ...Solved: Limited connectivity with Vista notebook . ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=390 - Similar pages

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: Limited connectivity with ...
A135-S4427 Satellite notebook that was just released with Vista Home Premium, ... A: You may need to re-configure the NIC, for example low the speed. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=246 -

Acquiring network address
2. Re-configure the NIC speed and duplex. 3. Upgrade the router or switch firmware. Related Topics. Cannot access the network because of NIC settings ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/Networkin...ingnetwork.htm


Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Fane" <Fane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FFEA54E-02A9-4C42-BB36-11C6A5F75A50@microsoft.com...
Nothing else I can try?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2007
Fane
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can not connect to internet.
Again, I tried it all and still nothing. I also decided the move the PC so I
could get the back and plug the modem directly into the PC, and again,
limited or no connection detected.

The green light is on, on the NIC and the yellow light also flashes when I
plug the network cable in.

I guess I will just have to hope that the next motherboard I get has a fully
working ethernet connection.

With the numerous other problems (Onboard sound card not working, freezing
device manger when I try to change most things, freezing on "Shutting
down..." screen) I guess its time to change back to XP and hope that after a
few upgrades it will be fully Vista compatible.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Assuming you turn off DHCP and use static IP and you still can not ping the router, do you have green light on the NIC and router port? Or you may need to re-configure the NIC speed and duplex. These search results may help,
>
> Losing wireless connection to ...Also, try to re-configure the NIC. This case may help, Solved: Limited connectivity with ...Solved: Limited connectivity with Vista notebook . ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=390 - Similar pages
>
> chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: Limited connectivity with ...
> A135-S4427 Satellite notebook that was just released with Vista Home Premium, ... A: You may need to re-configure the NIC, for example low the speed. ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=246 -
>
> Acquiring network address
> 2. Re-configure the NIC speed and duplex. 3. Upgrade the router or switch firmware. Related Topics. Cannot access the network because of NIC settings ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/Networkin...ingnetwork.htm
>
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Fane" <Fane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FFEA54E-02A9-4C42-BB36-11C6A5F75A50@microsoft.com...
> Nothing else I can try?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not connect internet chuyenmd microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 04-24-2007 16:56
Cannot connect to internet =?Utf-8?B?cmF5b25n?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 9 04-11-2007 11:38
Can't connect to Internet =?Utf-8?B?UG9t?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 04-08-2007 17:12
Routers Not Being Able to Connect to Internet Celia microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 03-20-2007 21:14
Can't get vista connect to internet =?Utf-8?B?TWFqb3IgUElUQQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 5 02-09-2007 01:35




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120