Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista

SpaceSpartan

Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista
Any Ideas on how to remove or delete unsused network shares on vista?
Joe Guidera

Re: Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista
Open the network and sharing settings then click on "show me the files and
folders I am sharing" You should then be able to RIGHT click on a folder
you are sharing and unshare it.

"SpaceSpartan" <SpaceSpartan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any Ideas on how to remove or delete unsused network shares on vista?

SpaceSpartan

Re: Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista
Thanks for your thought Joe, I am actually reffering to the history in the
address bar as well as the share itself. I wanted to know if there is a way
we can delete the reference or path of the share itself so that it does not
actually show up on the address bar or indeed in the explorer plane under
network, that is, when network is clicked.
I know there is third party software that can do this but I'm not convinced
that it can not be done internally as yet...

"Joe Guidera" wrote:

> Open the network and sharing settings then click on "show me the files and
> folders I am sharing" You should then be able to RIGHT click on a folder
> you are sharing and unshare it.

> "SpaceSpartan" <SpaceSpartan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any Ideas on how to remove or delete unsused network shares on vista?

Joe Guidera

Re: Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista
Not sure that I understand, but at least historically if you're referring to
the URL history shown in explorer address bar you could use the start menu
settings (or in this case the IE explorer settings to clear the MRU list and
history list).

> Thanks for your thought Joe, I am actually reffering to the history in the
> address bar as well as the share itself. I wanted to know if there is a
> way
> we can delete the reference or path of the share itself so that it does
> not
> actually show up on the address bar or indeed in the explorer plane under
> network, that is, when network is clicked.
> I know there is third party software that can do this but I'm not
> convinced
> that it can not be done internally as yet...
>
> "Joe Guidera" wrote:
>
>> Open the network and sharing settings then click on "show me the files
>> and
>> folders I am sharing" You should then be able to RIGHT click on a folder
>> you are sharing and unshare it.

>> "SpaceSpartan" <SpaceSpartan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Any Ideas on how to remove or delete unsused network shares on vista?

SpaceSpartan

Re: Deleting or Removing Network Shares on Vista
That was the first place i went to and it didn't clear. I had to reset
explorer from scratch. Hope it works if needed next time...
Thanks for input on the issue!