Re: Vista and XP

GatesofDawn67

Re: Vista and XP
How do I make my vista machine and xp machine to see each other in a
wireless network?

"Jenny-72" wrote:

> I've tried this method with my Epson Stylus Photo 895 attached to a Windows
> XP Pro workstation but Vista x64 just asks for drivers because they aren't on
> the XP Pro machine.
>
> The problem is, the drivers are only available on the Vista install CD and I
> can't find them.
>
> I've tried connecting the printer to the Vista x64 machine but face similar
> problems from the XP Pro machine.
>
> It's driving me nuts!! :-/
>
> "AJR" wrote:
>
> > To "BigK" - I print from Vista to a HP 3740 connected directly to Vista
> > computer and to a HP 1310 connected to a network XP computer
> > Setting up the network printer went something like this: Set printer via XP
> > for sharing - gave share name hp1310 then:
> > 1. Add printer via Vista
> > 2. Select Network printer (Printer attached to
> > another computer)
> > 3. Used the UNC path to the printer - in my case
> > \\roco-pro\hp1310
> > 4. OK
> >
> > "BigK" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Notts Ash" <NottsAsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I have an XP Home system connected to my laptop running Vista.
> > >
> > > I have had trouble with printer sharing (can't print from the Vista
> > > machine) but file sharing is doing fine. I have a router so I don't know
> > > about ICS.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Vista and XP
Hi
Wireless or wire does nor matter for this purpose.
Firewall instructions.
Windows 7 Work Network,
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/window...aring.htmVista File and
Printer Sharing- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing
XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).