Help: What is the administrator password? What if I've never set i

john ha

Help: What is the administrator password? What if I've never set i
I have heard of the "administrator password" for a super-administrator.

But I have never "set" the "administrator password" or "super admin
password".

I do, however, have a user account with admin privileges that I set a
password to.

Is that the same thing? Does my creating a user account with admin
privileges and password make the password for the super-admin the same, or
will the vista admin password still remain blank?

I'm wondering if this is the case, if a hacker tried to break into my system
to grab files, if I never set the administrator/super-admin password, does
that mean there is none, and they just walk right in,

or does it default to the password I have on my user account with admin
privileges?

Thank you again for your help!
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: What is the administrator password? What if I've never set i
Hi
There is No secret Super Admin, and No Secret password. What ever you
created it there.
To get more permission to deal with network aspect of the OS you have to
configure the permission and security.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"john ha" <johnha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have heard of the "administrator password" for a super-administrator.
>
> But I have never "set" the "administrator password" or "super admin
> password".
>
> I do, however, have a user account with admin privileges that I set a
> password to.
>
> Is that the same thing? Does my creating a user account with admin
> privileges and password make the password for the super-admin the same, or
> will the vista admin password still remain blank?
>
> I'm wondering if this is the case, if a hacker tried to break into my
> system
> to grab files, if I never set the administrator/super-admin password, does
> that mean there is none, and they just walk right in,
>
> or does it default to the password I have on my user account with admin
> privileges?
>
> Thank you again for your help!

Jeff Vandervoort

Re: Help: What is the administrator password? What if I've never set i
In Vista, the Administrator account is disabled by default in Normal mode.
If you haven't enabled it, it can't be used.

And in XP and higher (or was it W2K & higher...?), if an account has no
password, including Administrator, it can only be used at the console, not
for remote access. One could argue that having no password is therefore
safer than having any password, no matter how long and complex, if the only
danger is from remote users.

--
Jeff Vandervoort
JRVsystems

"john ha" <johnha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have heard of the "administrator password" for a super-administrator.
>
> But I have never "set" the "administrator password" or "super admin
> password".
>
> I do, however, have a user account with admin privileges that I set a
> password to.
>
> Is that the same thing? Does my creating a user account with admin
> privileges and password make the password for the super-admin the same, or
> will the vista admin password still remain blank?
>
> I'm wondering if this is the case, if a hacker tried to break into my
> system
> to grab files, if I never set the administrator/super-admin password, does
> that mean there is none, and they just walk right in,
>
> or does it default to the password I have on my user account with admin
> privileges?
>
> Thank you again for your help!

Name is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help: What is the administrator password? What if I've never set i
There is no default admin password for local conections,But by default all local conections in VISTA are password protected and you can easily change that setings without any question asked in Control panel\networkand sharing center.