1. Download the Windows Vista printer driver for the printer.
2. Install the driver on your Windows Vista computer. During
installation, you'll be prompted to connect the printer to your computer.
Choose the option to proceed with installation without connecting the printer.
3. After installation completes, open the Printers applet from the
Windows Vista Control Panel.
4. Right-click on the new printer and choose Properties.
5. Go to the Ports tab.
6. Click Add Portâ€¦, select Local Port, then click New Portâ€¦
7. For the port name, enter exactly the network path and share name of
your printer (e.g. \\RECEPTION\name_of_your_shared_printer).
8. Click OK, and double-check that this new port is selected with the
checkbox next to it.
9. Click OK to close the printer properties.
10. The only other thing I did was turn the check box tick that said that
the printer would work offline. ie make sure is on-line.
If all else fails try network magic software