Vista has to have password

Rob

Vista has to have password
I have Vista Home Premium networked with my laptop running XP. I have
enabled sharing on folders and printers, I can see both of my computers and
their folders, printers, etc. If I try to print from XP to Vista printer it
does nothing. If I go to my network I can see Vista, If I click on it, it
asks for user and password. (I have it disabled) If I put in my Vista User
and password I have full access and my printer will work. My wife does not
know how to do all of this to print. (It does not ask for a password when
you try to print.) How can I access my printer and files with out a
password.
Rob

Chuck

Re: Vista has to have password
On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:35:39 -0400, "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I have Vista Home Premium networked with my laptop running XP. I have
>enabled sharing on folders and printers, I can see both of my computers and
>their folders, printers, etc. If I try to print from XP to Vista printer it
>does nothing. If I go to my network I can see Vista, If I click on it, it
>asks for user and password. (I have it disabled) If I put in my Vista User
>and password I have full access and my printer will work. My wife does not
>know how to do all of this to print. (It does not ask for a password when
>you try to print.) How can I access my printer and files with out a
>password.
>Rob

Rob,

Disable Password Protected Sharing. This will give you the equivalent of Simple
File Sharing under Windows XP. But then be sure to give access to all shared
resources to "Everyone".

Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.
Rob

Re: Vista has to have password
GOT IT!!! I almost gave up and then found out I needed this update for XP:

I installed this and eveything is fine.

Rob