XP does not see Windows 7

Z.K.

XP does not see Windows 7
I am trying to use my Windows 7 on my home network and I am having some
trouble. I have two XP machines, one is professional and the other is
home and I am using Windows 7 Professional. I shared a folder in
Windows 7, but in XP Professional, in My Network Places, it does not
even see the Windows 7 machine though I can ping the ip address.

In Windows 7, I can see my XP Professional machine, but I am unable to
see the shared folders and if I click on the machine I am asked for a
username and password even though I set the permissions to everyone. It
is a home network and all the machines are close by so I don't need to
really be using a username and password and at this point I am just
interested in getting the network to work.

Any ideas? I have looked all over the network, but nothing really helped.
Z.K.

Re: XP does not see Windows 7
On 3/6/2010 9:49 PM, Z.K. wrote:
> I am trying to use my Windows 7 on my home network and I am having some
> trouble. I have two XP machines, one is professional and the other is
> home and I am using Windows 7 Professional. I shared a folder in Windows
> 7, but in XP Professional, in My Network Places, it does not even see
> the Windows 7 machine though I can ping the ip address.
>
> In Windows 7, I can see my XP Professional machine, but I am unable to
> see the shared folders and if I click on the machine I am asked for a
> username and password even though I set the permissions to everyone. It
> is a home network and all the machines are close by so I don't need to
> really be using a username and password and at this point I am just
> interested in getting the network to work.
>
> Any ideas? I have looked all over the network, but nothing really helped.

Never mind, I figured it out. It had to do with the reserved addresses
in my router.