Network & Internet connections lost with screensaver

William

Network & Internet connections lost with screensaver
When my computer goes to screensaver, and I log in to my account again, my
Internet and network connection is gone. The only way to get my network back
up
is to reboot.
Is there something I can do or do I have to wait for Microsoft to fix
it? -Bill

Chuck

Re: Network & Internet connections lost with screensaver
On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:05:30 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:

>When my computer goes to screensaver, and I log in to my account again, my
>Internet and network connection is gone. The only way to get my network back
>up
>is to reboot.
>Is there something I can do or do I have to wait for Microsoft to fix
>it? -Bill

Bill,

Check the power saving setting for the network adapter.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/does-your-computer-lose-network.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...e-network.html

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
William

"Chuck" <none@example.net> wrote in message
newslc743tp2fosc49ob7fnpka6kqdp130lah@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:05:30 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>When my computer goes to screensaver, and I log in to my account again, my
>>Internet and network connection is gone. The only way to get my network
>>back
>>up
>>is to reboot.
>>Is there something I can do or do I have to wait for Microsoft to fix
>>it? -Bill

> Bill,
>
> Check the power saving setting for the network adapter.
> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/does-your-computer-lose-network.html>
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...e-network.html
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck mvps org.

Many thanks, Chuck, however, there is no Power Management tab on the
wireless network adapter. Sorry, I neglected to mention that I am using a
laptop on a wireless lan. -Bill

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:36 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:

>"Chuck" <none@example.net> wrote in message
>newslc743tp2fosc49ob7fnpka6kqdp130lah@4ax.com.. .
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:05:30 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>>>When my computer goes to screensaver, and I log in to my account again, my
>>>Internet and network connection is gone. The only way to get my network
>>>back
>>>up
>>>is to reboot.
>>>Is there something I can do or do I have to wait for Microsoft to fix
>>>it? -Bill

>> Bill,
>>
>> Check the power saving setting for the network adapter.
>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/does-your-computer-lose-network.html>
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...e-network.html

>Many thanks, Chuck, however, there is no Power Management tab on the
>wireless network adapter. Sorry, I neglected to mention that I am using a
>laptop on a wireless lan. -Bill

Bill,

Every battery powered device (ie portable computer) has power management. Your
symptom is a classic powered down network adapter. If it's not an option under
the network card itself, it'll be under power options or something off Control
Panel. And check the screensaver controls too.

> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:36 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>"Chuck" <none@example.net> wrote in message
>>newslc743tp2fosc49ob7fnpka6kqdp130lah@4ax.com. ..

>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> Check the power saving setting for the network adapter.
>>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/does-your-computer-lose-network.html>
>>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...e-network.html

>>Many thanks, Chuck, however, there is no Power Management tab on the
>>wireless network adapter. Sorry, I neglected to mention that I am using a
>>laptop on a wireless lan. -Bill

> Bill,
>
> Every battery powered device (ie portable computer) has power management.
> Your
> symptom is a classic powered down network adapter. If it's not an option
> under
> the network card itself, it'll be under power options or something off
> Control
> Panel. And check the screensaver controls too.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck mvps org.

Chuck,
You're the man, Chuck! I located the Power Management Tab and unticked the
option suggested. This morning after my computer slept the night, the
network was still connected. That solved my problem. Thanks!

On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:29:08 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:

>"Chuck" <none@example.net> wrote in message
>news:jis743l29ictldtaa08dj5b1vf1crr262p@4ax.com.. .
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:36 -0400, "William" <wyum@msn.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Chuck" <none@example.net> wrote in message
>>>newslc743tp2fosc49ob7fnpka6kqdp130lah@4ax.com ...

>>>Many thanks, Chuck, however, there is no Power Management tab on the
>>>wireless network adapter. Sorry, I neglected to mention that I am using a
>>>laptop on a wireless lan. -Bill

>> Bill,
>>
>> Every battery powered device (ie portable computer) has power management.
>> Your
>> symptom is a classic powered down network adapter. If it's not an option
>> under
>> the network card itself, it'll be under power options or something off
>> Control
>> Panel. And check the screensaver controls too.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
>> Paranoia is not a problem, when it's a normal response from experience.
>> My email is AT DOT
>> actual address pchuck mvps org.

>Chuck,
>You're the man, Chuck! I located the Power Management Tab and unticked the
>option suggested. This morning after my computer slept the night, the
>network was still connected. That solved my problem. Thanks!
>-Bill

Allright, Bill! Glad to help. Thanks for letting us know!