I have read mail with attention, this does not give new points.
XP keep asking a password to access Vista so I suppose it comes from Vista.
Vista can access XP, XP cannot access Vista
- firewalls: both on XP and Vista have been disabled
- microsoft firewall is off
- no password active on Vista
- shared disk: authorisation is given with full possibility to change, copy, write on files on Vista
- IP adress: the IP are correct and have not been changed
- ping is OK from XP to Vista
- plugs of computers on HUB have been tested differently.
- 922120 has been reloaded on XP
In fact, everything was OK till 2 Vista computers have been windows updated last week.
I am really in bad shape with that problem
Originally Posted by Jack [MVP-Networking]
Check the Firewall exceptions and the sharing configurations.
Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should
be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers
on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
General example, Network FAQ
Windows 7 Work Network,
Windows 7 Network Sharing
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista
Windows XP File Sharing -
How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista (Not need for XP-SP3) -
Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
"anglaret" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> I had a network with computers XP and Vista OK with the driver
> KB922120 loaded in XP computers.
> After Vista updating of 2 Vista computers, XP computers cannot reach
> the Vista computers anymore???
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com