VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP

anglaret is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP
I had a network with computers XP and Vista OK with the driver
KB922120 loaded in XP computers.
After Vista updating of 2 Vista computers, XP computers cannot reach the Vista computers anymore???

Marc
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP
Hi
Check the Firewall exceptions and the sharing configurations.
In general.
Firewall instructions.
Windows 7 Work Network,
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/window...s7_sharing.htm
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing
XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"anglaret" <anglaret.46vn85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I had a network with computers XP and Vista OK with the driver
> KB922120 loaded in XP computers.
> After Vista updating of 2 Vista computers, XP computers cannot reach
> the Vista computers anymore???
>
> Marc
>

> --
> anglaret

anglaret is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP
I have read mail with attention, this does not give new points.
XP keep asking a password to access Vista so I suppose it comes from Vista.
Vista can access XP, XP cannot access Vista

- firewalls: both on XP and Vista have been disabled
- microsoft firewall is off
- no password active on Vista
- shared disk: authorisation is given with full possibility to change, copy, write on files on Vista
- IP adress: the IP are correct and have not been changed
- ping is OK from XP to Vista
- plugs of computers on HUB have been tested differently.
- 922120 has been reloaded on XP

In fact, everything was OK till 2 Vista computers have been windows updated last week.
I am really in bad shape with that problem
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack [MVP-Networking] View Post
Hi
Check the Firewall exceptions and the sharing configurations.
In general.
Firewall instructions.
General example, Network FAQ
Windows 7 Work Network,
Windows 7 Network Sharing
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista
Windows XP File Sharing -
How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
Printer Sharing
XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"anglaret" <anglaret.46vn85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I had a network with computers XP and Vista OK with the driver
> KB922120 loaded in XP computers.
> After Vista updating of 2 Vista computers, XP computers cannot reach
> the Vista computers anymore???
>
> Marc
>

> --
> anglaret

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP
Hi
Being OK in the past, is nice but it does not work now (may bay the update
change some thing in the firewall etc.).
It does Not work then something is wrong if you check carefully and do not
see can not see what is wrong, than undo, and do again the Sharing to make
sure thta it is configured Now Ok.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).