Please Help!

beckmo

Please Help!

So my laptops been working fine for 2 and a half years for me now, and
then out of the blue two days ago, my laptop switches itself off on me
and when I turn it back on, *the dates been changed all the way back to
Monday 6th February 2006*. I have no idea why it's done this, and when I
tried to connect to my internet it then said that there was "Low
Wireless Signal", which was impossible because I was right next to the
router. So I managed to fix the connection problem by re-installing the
Wireless Connection Driver but I'm still not confident that it will stay
fixed.

Can anyone think of a reason my laptop did this?
Oh and for some reason, when I turned my laptop back on, every program
that I had installed was highlighted in orange, as if I had just
installed them.

-Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter-
That's my adapter I use for my internet, but I don't think thats the
problem.

If anyone needs more info, just ask (and explain how to get it) because
I'm absolutely hopeless with these things.

But please help, I'm looking to sell this laptop soon and I can't
exactly sell a faulty one now can I?

Bex

--
beckmo
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Re: Please Help!
Hi
Some thing happened to your laptop that does not relates to the Wireless
per-se.
The sudden shutdown and change of date usually indicates general hardware
problem.
It usually happens after few years of use in which the airway that cools the
CPU gets clogged with dust and the CPU get too hot.
In any case you have to reconfigure the BIOS (that date changed might
indicated that the whole configuration of the BIOS was Rested).
Then look at Windows Device Manger, make sure that all the Hardware appears
there correctly and take it from there.
This is an example to the Dust issue, http://www.ezlan.net/vaio.html
The above is just one reasonable scenario. Otherwise you should ask a Tech.
person to take a look at the laptop.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).